The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Popcorn Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Hey...I have put my Popcorn Routine on video. It is a download on Lybrary.com. I am going to give away three review copies. If you are interested, PM me. After the PM, please, say so on this thread so that I do not get a ton of PMs. This is only on condition that a review is actually given.

http://www.lybrary.com/popcorn-routine-p-389669.html

David Devlin
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
One down...two to go.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
PM you.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
One left.
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
I love geek routines! Smile I'll be more than happy to take a look.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
All gone. Thanks!
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
I was not familiar with this method before but having seen something similar in Thread by Wayne Houchin (the only similarity is the object appears in your eye), I was scared at what might happen to your eye after doing it. Devlin assures us that it's safe and I will take his word. I do like what I see. It will freak out an audience which is what this goes for. Smile I like how he routines everything, very thorough in explanation, and he has motivation for all the moves with the popcorn kernels. He's also provided references and heavy nods to swami mantra. This is definitely worth a pick up if this interests you.

All in all, recommended!

PS I love the Simpsons!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Thank you! One question, did you find the video entertaining?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I just watched this video and it was entertaining with bits from the Simpson's mixed in. Dave has taken Ramsey's Four Bean routine published in 1952 and updated it. I am very familiar with Ramsey's method. Ramsey had you putting beans into your ears and eyes and spitting them out of your mouth. Dave has changed this a bit and has you putting popcorn kernels into your nose and one of them comes out of your eye during the routine. If you like GEEK magic, this is sure to freak out your audience. Although, there is nothing original in the methods, the video is worthwhile if you are into this kind of magic.

Eddie Joseph put in print probably the most detailed information on putting stuff into your eyes and removing it, but the printed description was hard to understand. On the video Dave gives you details, actually showing how to put the popcorn into your eye. This was very informative. He also gives you invaluable tips to avoid red and watery eyes.

As he points out in his video, you can do the whole routine or parts of it. His video comes out at the right time. On one of Criss Angels recent episodes of Believe, he does the bit where a popcorn kernel comes out of his eye. Magicians have complained that the stuff that Angel does on TV can't be done in real life (well, most of it). Here is an exception. Get Dave's video and when people comment about the Criss Angel Popcorn trick. You can do it for them.

If you have any interest in inserting stuff into your eyes for later removal then this video is a must have. Frankly, I am not into geek magic and would never do this, it is not my style, but for those who want to do this, you will find this video invaluable.

I now have a better understanding of how the eye trick works. Trying to follow Joseph's directions is something I would never had done. After seeing Dave show how it is done, I may someday try this.

Once you learn the technique you can do the thread from eye as done by both Blaine and Angel.

For those into this kind of stuff, then I recommend this.
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Very entertaining Dev! Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Thanx. I wanted to make a video that was not just "Here is the trick, here is how to do it, the end". I wanted a few laughs in it. Especially during the "Blooper".
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
David was kind enough to send me a preview of this....I have mixed feelings about a number of things.

First as David mentions in the video, there is really nothing new here, it's just his way of combining two effects into one routine...so, I am not so sure that this warrants a sale...maybe it does. I personally don't think it does.

Second, at the very beginning, David mentions that he typically does this to a piece of music that he did not include on the video because he intends to sell the video thus insinuating that would be wrong to sell something with someones music on it, but then has a number of protected images of the Simpsons on it...that didn't make much sense to me. I am actually surprised that Lybrary would carry this with the images of the Simpsons in the video. I am not a lawyer, but I don't think this is illegal...maybe I am wrong...it just didn't seem right.

Finally, there was a word...."umms", that was repeated over and over and drove me absolutely batty!! Hahaha...to me this would warrant a scripting of the explanation and re-shoot of the video before putting to market.

With all that said, the explanation is thorough, the bits of history were nice and I LOVE the couch print! Smile

David: Please don't take any of the above comments as "shots" to you. Just trying to give my honest opinion and some constructive criticism.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is this much different than Thomas Medina's version from his DVD Geek magic?
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The first phase is not the same as on the Medina DVD. The second phase is what is on the Medina DVD with a couple of changes.

DD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Popcorn Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL