The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Having a problem stripping.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
...is it a knack? Is there a secret to stripping? I mean, what's the best way to hold the deck, in the left hand and pull with the right.

Can it be done without looking? Does it just take practice and feel?

Is there any help for an amateur stripper?

Thanks

J
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I find that a light touch helps make things easy. Are you having difficulty when just stripping one card, or are you trying to pull a 4-of-a-kind, or do a full red/black separation? Also, are you using a commerically-available deck, or one with a more subtle cut? The commercial ones should be pretty easy to pull.

Technique mostly depends on you and how you want to do it. At the most basic level you can just hold the deck in one hand, and strip with the other. You can also do it in the context of a riffle shuffle on the table, a hindu shuffle in the hands.

There are a few good DVDs out there about the Stripper that may help.
Kevin Reylek
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
I agree with Mr. Reylek. A light touch will do. If you are trying to strip out more than one card, (triumph routine/red black separation) I find that holding the deck near the edges (in a table riffle shuffle position) with a light pull gets it done perfectly.

Zack Johnston
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes, thank you. I am using the full bike deck. And wish to strip the entire reds and blacks.

I guess it's just a knack.

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Having a problem stripping.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL