The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Paid to Perform (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Ok, I just spent the past hour or so looking at Benji's website - http://www.paidtoperform.com. Yes, I have been to his site before, but only momentarily to see the layout. As a kid show performer, I never really thought his material would be my best source to grow my business. Today, after reading several posts from Benji's, I was again curious, and this time stayed at his site long enough to see more of what he offers.
First, the site has interesting bits of information throughout. Check out the "Cool Stuff" section. I really liked the Jamie Foxx clip as well as the Gangnam Style Cover clip. I liked the "11 Must Read Books for Magicians & Speakers" (Especially # 11). Looks like I have some reading to do.
Then, of course, there is the products he is promoting. The one that really caught my eye was the "6 Week Online Training To Build Your Business & Get Gigs"this is priced at $297 with an early bird special of $197 until Dec 14th. That is priced below several other courses I purchased, and appears to be a good value. I almost hit the "Sign Up Now" button, but hesitated because I am loaded down with my academic pursuits at that time. I plan on asking Benji if one can access the material at a later time if they purchase it now. (I did not read the fine print yet.) I also would like to know what Benji thinks of the applications of his course to those who are children 's performers.
What struck me most about Benji's website is how he weaves together business and pieces of interest in a way that creates an image of himself that is one of a well rounded successful and intelligent person. I should add that I found it to be inspirational.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Technically you can purchase it now and look at it later but I'm making it as a workshop which is designed to be consumed every week. So once a week, for six weeks, I show you what needs to get done. If this is just consumed like you would any book/video by listening to the information then nothing will change. But if you listen and do the tasks, etc then there is no way your business can't grow.

And my course is going to be set up on building a business, not just getting gigs. This will work for children performers...you just have to change some things to fit your situation.

The reason this is cheaper than most courses is because I know what it feels like to want to perform for a living and the only people who will show you are guys who charge $1,000 for a course. So I made this first workshop really cheap...but if I do it again, it won't be nearly as cheap. And the problem with it being so cheap is that people won't take their business seriously.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Almost two decades ago, I wanted to learn what I "WAS NOT" doing correctly.
Jim Snack was the guy that I went to. I don't know about Mr. Bruce's course,
but I highly recommend Jim Snack's material. He even offered to refund my
investment, if I did not feel completely satisfied.

Success in Magic Material

You can read all kinds of free material on his website as well.
I had the opportunity to meet Jim Snack when we were both in Las Vegas,
a few years later. He's a heck of a nice guy to boot! Quite frankly,
he's The Wizard of Aha's.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Thanks for the reminder Devious - I have read nothing but praise for Jim's material. Nice to see there are homies.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Jims material is SO good. Plus Jim himself is just top notch as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I've heard a lot of great stuff about Jim Snack's material over the years. I've decided I'm going to finally give some of it a try. Thanks Devious and Danny for the reminder.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Good material speaks for itself, which is the way it should be. You can't go wrong wit Jim's as it comes from his years of actual experience.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Jim's material is great and is stuffed with great ideas.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
I agree. I have much of Jim's stuff and though some of it is not in focus, much of it is and all of it is worth having, studying and, most importantly, putting to use.

Bazinga!
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Funny how we all praise Jim's material (I have a number of his products) but I don't really see reviews for the post in question.

Josh
Josh
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
I also have Jim's Course, which I bought even though I was already a full-time performer of 22 years at the time, and I was still glad that I got it. I was skeptical at first but saw that many others liked the course and thought I would give it a try as it did look as though it had a lot of great info. Plus Jim also came acrossd and well knowledged and professional, and looked experienced and not like he just got out of High School. But I was right and it was LOADED with great info. I still use it even today and review the book and CDS when I can.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I bought my first bit of Jim's material last night, starting in the order he recommends. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. I got through the audio portion (of this small section) of the course, and am already very satisfied with what I've learned. After seeing the cost of the material in comparison to the quality (and the prices of other courses offered by gurus), it's very apparent that Jim must actually be making a nice living by practicing what he preaches. He could charge a lot more for this stuff and get it, but this is obviously a very secondary income for him rather than his main gig. Everything on the site is shockingly affordable. I think I found just what I need to make a major difference for me, and for less than the cost of a tank of gas. Give it a shot!

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Hello there Allen Michael.
I am so glad that Jim's material has helped you in addition
to the fact that many folks also corroborated my feelings
on the work.

When I first met Jim, he had to keep reminding me that his last name
was singular Snack and not plural Snacks. I really wasn't trying to be
silly, it's just more satisfying to say, Snacks.

Yours in success,
Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Jim under promises and over delivers. Big Time.

After buying his corporate download, I had/have more non-restaurant work a within month long period between November and December, than August through October combined. After buying the download I emailed him allot of questions, expecting that he might get back to me on one or two, and he promptly replied with very detailed responses for each question.

There are allot of business books at the library that you can study for free, for all the "entertainer" specific advice, Jim's your man

-Chris
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Jim has quietly helped many people achieve their own definitions of success. I purchased it in 2004 or thereabouts and recommend it highly.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I also enjoy Jim's material (I have most of it) and got to spend several weekends with Jim through Eric Paul's events. I've also had the opportunity to go over things with Jim on consulting calls. His material is well written, and his audios make for great listening.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can't speak highly enough of Jim and his program.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Paid to Perform (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL