The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Melt by Gentei Shiryo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

I feel it necessary for me to chime in here. Being a magic dealer we are constantly bombarded with new products all the time. When we were first shown this item via a Skype demonstration I will admit they looked incredible...Unfortunately what we received was a completely different item all together. It was like a bait and switch scam. The rings supplied are no better quality than a cheap set of linking rings that you would receive in a child's magic kit and would fool no one! Nothing and I repeat nothing like what we were originally shown. I feel as duped as many of you about this product. We have removed this item from our website and have offered any of our customers who have purchased this a refund or store credit to select another item if desired..

So in short..DO NOT BUY THIS! Just my two cents...

Hope this was helpful

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As dealers more if us should do this when something this bad arrives on the market.
Maybe then creators will think twice before putting out such rubbish.

Our policy is only to stock what we consider to be good, but even then that is a matter of opinion, but we do try.

When buying in new stock I normally have a good idea or I actually know how a trick is done.

I bought just one of these blind to see what it was like, as I thought it must be half decent and a "new standard" as claimed in the add copy.

How wrong I was!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
How does the demo look so good?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Aukt,

We were all deceived by the demo..The product shown in the demo is not what you receive. As I stated in my post above...What I was shown and what we received were two totally different items...

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
So I tried... I really did, I tried to find something I liked about this and I can't... saturday morning to my suprise was a package from someone in Chicago, IL .... someone decided to give me the Ninja Rings dvd with rings as a gift... Holy Cow- I'm loving this... really no comparison... Melt is a pure waste of time, money, effort etc... The rings you get in Melt are crap too...its sad that I'm out on the money for Melt but paid for itself because now I have Ninja Rings dvd and rings to enjoy...

whoever you are,
thanks Smile
J Rodriguez
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just curious as to what Shin Lim's actual involvement was with this latest car wreck of a release?

Seriously - besides being on the DVD, was this released with him or under his banner?

I think it's a fair question. Thanks.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-12-09 12:20, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Ok,for a solid ORIGINAL worker of a beast linking rings, My man Messado is the path to take, most beautiful original, and fully examanable, set of rings in existence. BUT for an incredible moment of magic that looks just soo real, I would say get this as WELL! They both have something unique to offer.

JM

This appears to be a prime example of creator stroking creator.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 00:29, saysold1 wrote:
Just curious as to what Shin Lim's actual involvement was with this latest car wreck of a release?

Seriously - besides being on the DVD, was this released with him or under his banner?

I think it's a fair question. Thanks.

I'm wondering this as well. Shin Lim is really hurting his reputation selling crap item after crap item, whether he claims creator credit or not. What does he have to say about this product now that it's out? Does he still stand behind it?
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-12-30 00:31, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-09 12:20, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Ok,for a solid ORIGINAL worker of a beast linking rings, My man Messado is the path to take, most beautiful original, and fully examanable, set of rings in existence. BUT for an incredible moment of magic that looks just soo real, I would say get this as WELL! They both have something unique to offer.

JM

This appears to be a prime example of creator stroking creator.

I've learned to take "endorsements" for new effects from other performers/creators with a huge grain of salt, especially when I see certain names.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 20:22, thimblerig wrote:
I got mine at Hocus Pocus. Anyone have any luck getting them to take this piece of garbage back, maybe in store credit, even? They're hugely reputable, imho. I'm gonna drop them an email. This is the biggest waste of my magic dollar in 35+ years...and I have bought my share of pipedreams...this is more like a bad trip. Agree with all other negative reviewers. What an embarassment for all associated with it.
TR

Looks like Hocus-Pocus is doing the right thing and either giving a refund or store credit. This is why I like dealing with them. I hope people take note of the genuine dealers like HP and Saturn
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Kudos to Saturn Magic and Paul for standing behind their reputations and calling a spade a spade and putting customers first.

Acar should do the same perhaps - he moves a lot of merchandise.

Also, it is Murphy's Magic I think who continues backing SL on many of his new release misadventures. If Murphy's were to stand tall and just say "no more crap" I think they would stop enabling this type of behavior... Which hurts everyone along the line.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Thanks saysold1.

We've been discussing what would be most helpful to our customers. In most cases, it's to leave the product on our site, so magicians can read the reviews and decide for themselves. Truthfully, if you go to Penguin and read the reviews, then STILL decide you want to buy it... you probably know what you're doing:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S17189

We made an exception in this case. What we settled on is to take it out of stock, but keep the page up as a reference (warning?) for customer product reviews. Plus I'm sure there are more reviews on the way, and we always want our customers to be able to voice their very helpful opinions.

I think we're doing the community more of a service keeping the page and the reviews up than simply taking it down. If we can help even one or two magicians avoid spending their money on a trick they'll be disappointed with we'll be happy. No matter which trick, or which magic shop.

What always makes these decisions tough is that some people genuinely DON'T hate it.

As always, thank you sincerely for all your support.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
Called penguin and they are taking mine back
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
All the right magic dealers are doing all the right things. It's why we keep coming back to you guys. Thanks for having integrity and being honest businessmen.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
matuga
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of matuga
Thank you for all the kind words about Ninja+.
We have just produced a new website for it, http://www.ninjaplus.co.uk
there are loads of videos of new moves and material.

See Matthew Le Mottee's superb performances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax85urg_yVE
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCt5MttXG98

Here's a clip of me performing it late at night for a few friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQMYqmiAHw

Difficulty level is medium, there are easy and hard routines available.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
What does Ninja plus have to do with Melt?

What am I missing???

Are you changing the subject you sly devil?
matuga
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of matuga
See page 2 of comments:
Alex DLF "That's why I ordered Ninja+ for Christmas Smile"
Mr Effecto "I perform Ninja+ on the streets all the time killer."
jconstantine "Ninja+ rules. Great quality rings, awesome routine and excellent in depth instructions. Home run!"

Melt is a linking ring routine.
I'd add I also love Shoot's Ninja Rings DVD, and I have my set of the Messado rings too.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I have to say Paul at HP has always done the right thing by me. I can't say enough good things. It looks like Mark at Saturn really jumped in quick.
Dealers get a lot of new items and really need to check them out before posting on their website to be sure. Especially when someone is associated with the
product that has a spotty reputation. I can't believe Shin is continually under the microscope for less than honest representation. How much more can you get black listed and still
put out products to the community that doesn't trust you. If the switch turns out to be a scam that should be it for him. I'm not sure he can recover anyways. Too bad he's so good
but so young and has a lot to learn about life. This linking ring debacle is shameful.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
RE: MELT
I'm glad to see appropriate reviews on this. I had a customer purchase this and after looking at the props and DVD to see what they were talking about, when they returned it to me, it's the worst thing I've ever seen. I would never allow this to be sold on my website.

I'm surprised that Shin Lim could even keep a straight face during the filming of this garbage.

There's no chance you could perform this for anyone in any setting at any time.

A highly irresponsible product.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I am thinking of adding the ninja rings, are they still the best buy at the moment. please message me if theres a better small linking ring routine, cheers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Melt by Gentei Shiryo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL