The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 Warmest Year On Record (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Australia is having its hottest summer of history. We're having our coldest winter in decades. Does that mean everything balances out and there is no global warming?

In an unrelated note, the national weather service announced that Spring will now start on Feb 28th and last for 30 days. Summer starts in late march and runs until July when we will have a new season: 2 months of Simmer. Fall will occur over Labor Day weekend followed by Winter, then Deep Winter, before we come around to the newly truncated Spring again.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-01-07 19:26, tommy wrote:
Thinking for my self. I think, the answer as to the cause of that particular phenomena, if it exists, is the procession on of the equinox, which may be giving our poles at the moment a little more Sun than usual in our “Solar System”. Assuming it is still called the Solar System and not yet been change by your experts to the Man System.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-qLUIj_A0

Just how large do you think this precession is?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
About as large as eternity. India said 24,000 but Egypt said about 25,919.54867 years to go around once as I recall but I think both maybe about right as it varies. As we go from one age into the other about every 2000 years or so we must expect some extreme weather. Nothing much one can do but weather it. Or make money out it by telling everyone they are causing it and if they pay up we will stop it. All we need is a couple white coats and they will believe anything we tell them. We could tell them these cold snaps are a result of man made global warming and they will even believe that.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
I don't trust scientists. They're wishy-washy. I'll get more reliable information from radio show hosts, plus they tell me what I want to hear.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Don't you trust yourself?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2014 Warmest Year On Record (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL