The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Please help identifying this killer trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

avik_d
View Profile
Veteran user
Targetting a Zillion, till now just
304 Posts

Profile of avik_d
Hi Guys,

This is about a nice packet trick that I learnt from one of my friends. Unfortunately I don't know the name or the origin of this trick, and neither my friend could help me with this, because he also learnt this from someone else.

I'd describe the effect, and any help in identifying the origin of the trick will be much helpful.

The Performer shows a packet of four cards from a blue bicycle deck, and says that this packet contains the four aces. He counts the cards one by one, and 3 facedown cards are seen with the face up Ace of Clubs in between. He counts a second time, this time showing the Ace of Spades among the three other face down cards. He repeats the same thing, this time the Ace of Diamonds is found face up among the three face down cards. Finally he counts once more revealing the Ace of hearts.

The Performer shakes the entire packet once, and spreads them again, this time all four aces are found face up. He closes the packet and turns it over, then counts them face down, and the entire packet surprisingly turns RED. The performer turns the packet face up and shows that the aces are still facing one way (i.e. face up). He turns the packet face down again and counts, this time the packet turns GREEN backed. A killer ending !!

I couldn't identify this trick, having searched in the Café in the meanwhile. Can anyone help me identify this trick?

If you want I can post a video of me performing the trick.

- Avik.
Best,

-Avik
avik_d
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of avik_d
Just for the sake of understanding, and I believe I won't be spoiling anything here by mentioning that this packet trick uses gaffs, if that may help you.

- Avik.
Best,

-Avik
theatfusatfus
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of theatfusatfus
Ma by this will help you you can do it whit the aces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2JEU5ig_KQ
avik_d
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of avik_d
Thanks for the reply theatfusatfus. The video you shared is a beautiful one. However, I don't think this is the same trick that I've mentioned (not considering the Aces/black 5), though both may be based on the same principle.

- Avik.
Best,

-Avik
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Backflip by Sam Schwartz
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
avik_d
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of avik_d
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 09:17, Steven Keyl wrote:
Backflip by Sam Schwartz

Thanks a ton Steve, that was exactly the effect what I was looking for !!!

- Avik
Best,

-Avik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Please help identifying this killer trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL