The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » McAbee Rings by R. Brookes Conner, Jr. - Produced by Martin Lewis of Magikraft Studios (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I own a set of the original McAbee Rings from long ago. They were hard to work with originally as I was always losing the place of the key. I just received a gold set from Martin Lewis at the original price of $25, how can he sell these at that low a price these days. Anyway, he has just tweaked the key enough it is now easy to smoothly go through the original routine. I also ordered the DVD to see if he has added anything to the routine since it's original release. Indeed he did, additional handlings and a couple more ways of ringing in and out key ring. He has even taken it up off the table and made it a stand-up trick, making it possible for table hopping in restaurants. There is also a great new switch device, he shows you exactly how to make and use, jacket required with breast pocket. Then he shows you how to present the whole routine standing with only a shirt on with a breast pocket. I highly recommend this Linking Bracelets.

Now I would like to share a routine option for those that need a little presentation hint. Years ago, when I originally purchased this trick, I seen the rings as lady bracelets, because they were lady bracelets. I thought, what is a man doing with a set of ladies bracelets. No way am I going to caught dead playing with girl's jewelry. So I come up with the idea, why not get something to carry the rings in. I went shopping and found a ladies small makeup purse with zipper. Just a girlie rectangle bag that women carry their makeup stuff in to correct smudges during the evening out. The rings fit very well. I was reading a Roy Johnson book, and he had a cute routine with a pocket mirror, some cards and a tube of lipstick. It was a mental effect as the cards had boys/men's names them. The selected name appeared on the mirror in lipstick.

Next, how to present this tablehopping, easy. During table hopping, bring out the purse and say, you found this bag earlier, and have been trying to find the owner. They may have left already this evening. Let's look inside to see if the owner left a name. Now the show beings, bring out the items and perform the tricks, all the while having fun trying to locate the owner's name or some information to lead you to the owner. I only have these two tricks inside, but there is no reason why you could not find a coin in an envelope market emergency, if the date is not working out, call for help! Pencils pens rings and strings, etc. can all be used in magic tricks. Another way to introduce, depending on your spectator's, would be to say, you found this purse earlier. I found it in the men's john. Again maybe a good laugh with some people.

Martin Lewis has a switch that uses a pen in the breast pocket, that pen can be any of the popular marker and pen tricks on the market currently. You can remove it from the purse, jokingly say you need a pen and put it in your pocket. Do the McAbee Rings and then do a trick with the pen or marker. Cigarette paper for torn and restored paper, which is another of Martin Lewis's tricks on DVD. With that smoking drug becoming legal these days, it can lead to interesting patter potential as well, about the young lady who owns the purse. Then there are key trick as well, if you find a key in the purse.

There you have it, a whole act in a small makeup bag. Try it out if you like, I have had some fun with in years gone by. Just my idea that worked for me.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Thanks Bill! I too love the McAbee Rings and your routining is solid.

Good of you to share! I'll have to get the new DVD.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I just bought a set of these rings. Love the routine. Practicing it. Still nervous about performing it.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Practice it until you feel confident. That is the best way to overcome any worries.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » McAbee Rings by R. Brookes Conner, Jr. - Produced by Martin Lewis of Magikraft Studios (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL