The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pseudo hypnosis / suggestion card tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2014-01-13 13:35, konjurer wrote:
Kenton Knepper is the master of this. I would speculate he had done more in this area than anyone. He has several products and manuscripts the specialize on pseudo hypnosis and dual reality with cards and images. I've had the privilege of seeing Kenton do many routines where the volunteer and audience see 2 different things when they clearly looking at the same object. One I can think of is with photographs... Wonderful thinking. Another with his simple pip-thru card...one volunteer sees a three pip and the other swears it is a two.

Chris Philpott's "100th Monkey".
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Check out James Brown "Cerebral steal" It is one of the best effects of this kind IMO. It's not just a "trick" either, it's actually using certain techniques that apply to the patter that you are somewhat looking at for.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
ponchito
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of ponchito
Chris Philpott´s The 100th Monkey
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
...which is based on Luke Jermay's RGM.

Quote:
On 2014-01-13 13:44, Jamie D wrote:
Check out James Brown "Cerebral steal" It is one of the best effects of this kind IMO. It's not just a "trick" either, it's actually using certain techniques that apply to the patter that you are somewhat looking at for.

Darren
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
That is correct
Twitter @darjames
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I think you could take many, many magic tricks & techniques and turn them into a hypno routine with a little creativity. Even with something as simple as a sv3ngali or p0p-eye deck or a DL. If the routine is not in the context of a magic show, it should kill with the right script. It's easy to go looking for a pre-canned routine to purchase when a little creativity applied to the props we already have might yield something amazing.

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
Vincent V.
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
The best book about pseudo hypnosis is Hypochodriac Hypnosis. I use a couple of the effects in there and they are very strong.
http://www.ementalism.com/collections/ne......poliakov
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
100th monkey, speechless, would fit the bill
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
vigi
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of vigi
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms" - Muriel Rukeyzer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pseudo hypnosis / suggestion card tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL