The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tarbell - The needle mystery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EoKlausRO
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of EoKlausRO
Hi to all of you!

I've read the needle mystery from tarbell complete course in magic - vol 4 and I liked it very much, but I have a problem.

Because English is not my language, I didn't understand if he describe how to make the point of a needle not to hurt so much, or not? I didn't see it. He just said: "File the points down on all the needles except one", but how I do it..?

Can you tell me?

Thank you!
Be The Best YOU Can BE!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Hi. I'm not familiar with your referenced effect, but it should be relatively easy for you to take a needle and dull the point. The easiest way to dull a needle point would be to lightly grind it on a grinding wheel. Assuming you don't have one, just go to your hardware or tool store and purchase a file suitable for filing metal, as Tarbell suggests. A finer cut file is better than a coarse cut file for this purpose. You might be reading too much into this, it shouldn't be that difficult. Take the needle and hold it perpendicular to the file and gently file the sharpness off the point.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to the Magic Café!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tarbell - The needle mystery (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL