The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » T-141 Mini-Zag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Picked up some Bicycle bridge size cards for experimentation purposes re Mini-Zag. I do not use jumbo sized cards, so T-118 Side Track is not an option here. The king of hearts was my 1st attempt at improving the illusion. Kind of figured more visible paint in the middle would intensify the effect. The exact opposite is what I found to be true. Court cards almost reveal the secret. The middle appears more elevated optically. Has anyone had any success with another card other than the enclosed 5 of diamonds?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I would imagine that Sugawara experimented with many different cards before settling on the Five of Diamonds--the choice of that card could not possibly be arbitrary (this is Tenyo--they chew endlessly over every detail before releasing something).

The Five of Diamonds was likely chosen because it looked the best. I'm sure Sugawara tried almost every card in the deck.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Tend to agree with you on this 1 Richard. Without doubt, Suggy did his homework...as always. I was merely trying to add more colour. I use Mini-Zag in what appears to be a free card choice situation. Constantly trying to hone this effect to a higher level, that I feel it deserves. Imo it is still the best poker size zig zag out there.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Happy to see you back here on the forum Inert ;o)
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Thanx Davy. Likewise. Where you been?...e-mailed you a few times. Are you a Mini-Zag fan too?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Doesn't everyone love Mini-Zag? It's brilliant.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Does everyone substitute "Bikes" for the enclosed Tenyo playing card in effects like Mini-Zag, Illusionarium, Fantastica, etc. or do you stick with the original?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

You can not substitute Bicycle Bridge size cards for Illusionairum because they are not made of plastic.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Guessin' this thread means I'm the only 1 obsessive compulsive about the "Bikes' thang huh.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Bikes are also thicker than the plastic playing cards which Tenyo uses.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » T-141 Mini-Zag (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL