The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spooky Floating Dollar Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I was always fascinated by floating objects in magic shows....one of my ideas was to float a dollar bill in a sealed bottle when standing completely away from it...I was able to build such an effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODnA8vSFKs

Chuck Caputo
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Steve Fearson already created this effect. Did you get his permission to use his creation? And finally, why didn't you give him his credit for making it possible for you to create your box trick. Steve Fearson's version does not need a box.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Chuck, looks really good.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Bill, this effect is totally different than Fearsons. I do not believe you can stand 100 feet away from his and the bill floats as with this version. My modus operandi is electronic, his is not. I have seen you complain to others about things, maybe you first need to get ur facts straight.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The modus operandi is more then just how many feet something is activated. Maybe you should check what is on the market before you make claims of inventing something.

Yours uses electronics and his does not, that does not make the total working different. I seen you pull the magnet off the bill in your demo.

Moving and Bill under glass is Fearson's he was 1st to do this as an inventor and magician.

I just want to point out, that you should give him credit and ask him if it is okay if you copy his routine. It is the moral and correct thing to do.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

First of all, you do not know the hook up on my effect and frankly it is none of your business. Who made you the magic patrol, get off your high horse and mind your own affairs. I guess no one can create a snake basket because they will be copying off C/W; I have news for you I have a 'Serpentino' from the 1950's with the rising gimmick made from tomato soup cans, motor driven... maybe an electronic door knocker is copying off a few current builders...well...Thayer made a manual version with a pin in 1916 .... I had the idea of converting all of the above and many others w/electronics for over twenty years, just never got around to doing everything I would like to and I certainly do not have to check with you first! I have plans of building and electronic 'spooky hank' is a bottle, maybe I should see if Ralph Adams is around to check in on him first? Do you think Mr. Fearson is the first person who came up with a floating object in a jar? By the way, you should never mention what you think you saw as the gimmick in an effect in general, it is a mistake of a novice who cannot control their mouth.
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Quote:
The modus operandi is more then just how many feet something is activated. Maybe you should check what is on the market before you make claims of inventing something.

Yours uses electronics and his does not, that does not make the total working different. I seen you pull the magnet off the bill in your demo.

Moving and Bill under glass is Fearson's he was 1st to do this as an inventor and magician.

I just want to point out, that you should give him credit and ask him if it is okay if you copy his routine. It is the moral and correct thing to do.

Quote:
Many magicians over the years have claimed magic tricks are their property. One example, Don Alan claimed the Chop Cup and Invisible Deck was his and no one should preform them but him. In these cases they have greatly improved the routine or working to make it a better trick.

Maybe Craig did the same, worked the trick so much it has become a part of him and his presentation. I don't have Red, so I don't know what Craig has expressed about bringing Red to the market.

Double standard jumps to mind.

Regards,
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Nice job Chuck, I like it. Very nice effect.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Like it as well
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
That is a beautiful effect Chuck. Nice work!
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Then who was Kennedy in the late 70's was advertising his floating bill at the Yogi of baltimore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spooky Floating Dollar Bill (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL