The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » James Randi is right » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Ps:

Was that link supposed to answer my question on YOUR CLAIM
Quote:
The JREF takes in well over a million dollars a year just by "Talking" about the challenge.
?

I ask for two reasons:
1. pointing to another forum entry isn't what I'd call "corroborating documentation".
2. it doesn't answer the question "Could you explain what you mean" at all.

So if you could point me to something OTHER than YOU on a different web page to support your claim, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2014-02-12 04:02, IAIN wrote:
Dave - c'mon...that's 39 pages of screaming and shouting that no one in their right mind has the time to read through...

bullet point it, publish it all online, write a clear claim/challenge and go for it...get yourself some proper publicity going, rather than winding up magicians on a forum...

If you fancy yourself a "Sherlock Holmes" type then please PM me and I'll show you logically and with one fell swoop that the JREf is Flim Flamming...... Unless you have another explanation.(BTW ... Please name one major player in the last decade that randi has stopped)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Why keep it private? If you've got the info, spill it. We'd all love to know what secret info you have.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Post it dave - do it on a blog, list it bullet point fashion - its great publicity for you...what have you got to lose?!

if you've got proper evidence, you could no doubt go to the press too...imagine the headlines!

I don't have anything, other than trying to be logical about a very public organisation...could well be wrong - and my problem with the JREF is purely Randi-focused, and not liking psuedo-skeptics who give true sceptics a bad name...
I've asked to be banned
seneca77
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa Bay, Florida
201 Posts

Profile of seneca77
Quote:
On 2014-02-12 12:48, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Why keep it private? If you've got the info, spill it. We'd all love to know what secret info you have.

I think the answer is obvious. Dave has nothing.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I am open-minded as to what dave has to say and the evidence he has to support it...

if he doesn't post it publicly without explanation - then that means something is up...

but I am open-minded as to what he has to say...based on his previous proclamations, it doesn't look great, but you never know...

previous behaviour indicates the following:
he's trying to wind people up online for his own entertainment
he believes he has a psychic gift/ability that can be tested
he doesn't understand what he has to do to kickstart the JREF testing properly
he's trying to verbally dance around the entire subject because he finds it funny, or he thinks he's smarter than those involved in the JREF and will win carrying on as he does
or something else entirely...

but if I had proof that the JREF wasn't above board, then I would definitely publish it and speak to the press...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes .. It is a simple logic puzzle to solve. It's easy to see. The deception is obvious ..Self evident really. But my prediction is that after I prove the deception.... the pseudo-skeptics will respond with .."So What?" Like many guilty parties do.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Your point being....? Your point being that you will keep this logic puzzle private because someone will call you on it and say it's BS?

Best reason of all to keep it quiet.

I didn't know guilty parties respond with 'So What?" Sounds like something else you made up to tag a sentence with. (Koenigism: Any statement that sounds good until you examine or question it.)
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Why make it into a puzzle Dave? Just post it up...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You can argue over here... https://www.facebook.com/dave.koenig.73
I want to maintain this Café environment ... I love it here!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Hahahaha so this is all just a publicity stunt to get you more facebook likes then?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » James Randi is right » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL