The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Quotes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Ironically I'm having a memory problem. I cannot recall where to find a particular quote that I need for research purposes. I suspect it was from Darwin Ortiz but am not sure.

So this thread may also help others perhaps there are other quotes pertaining to the use of stacked decks, and memory effects, you'd like to have in one place as a resource.

The general feel of the quote I am searching for is something like...
The effectiveness of any effect using a stacked deck depends on the audiences conviction that the cards are thoroughly mixed.

Thanks in advance

Greg
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
I'm out of town and can't check, but I think Eric Mead said something like that in his book (Tangeled Web). I'd be surprised if you can't find it in at least 4-5 other books dealing with MDs.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Greg, Several magicians have used a similar quote, including Tamariz.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Thanks, Yes it might have been the Tamariz quote I read. I am certain the general notion has been said many times before but it was a particular reference I am trying to remember. Thanks again
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
You might want to search Aronson's material also.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Quotes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL