The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Okito Voodoo doll question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I just got one of these and I do not like the look of the pin used. To me it looks brown in color and I do not trust using the pin. Anyone know what type of pin would best best to use.
I am going to buy my own and replace the one it came with. Can a regular sewing pin be used and bent without breaking the tip off? If you have this you know the tip of the pin has a bend it in.
So some of the pins might just break. Just looking for the best possible replacement I can do on my own.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Seance Medium
View Profile
New user
Used a Ouija board to write
53 Posts

Profile of Seance Medium
Bend it slooowly, and you shouldn't have a problem with a sewing pin or needle. My impression is that they are made with sewing pins. If you had your hands on one, you could do it with a hypodermic needle also.

In Spirit,
Brett
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I have both an Okito Doll and the Haunted Doll by System 6. I recommend getting the Haunted Doll if you can afford it, it is easier on the hands and looks cool too, plus you get handling tips. Oh yeah, it is also of sturdier construction. On the down side, it is more expensive than the Okito Doll.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
A pin or needle will work fine, tho you will probably snap several before you find just the correct pressure. It will be easier if you heat the needle first, tho this will darken the color. I would guess this is the cause of the color you are seeing on your present doll. Making your own allows you to customize the length to your preference, and this makes it well worth the trouble. Good luck!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2014-02-12 15:51, Balaram wrote:
A pin or needle will work fine, tho you will probably snap several before you find just the correct pressure. It will be easier if you heat the needle first, tho this will darken the color. I would guess this is the cause of the color you are seeing on your present doll. Making your own allows you to customize the length to your preference, and this makes it well worth the trouble. Good luck!

Needles are usually tempered to keep them sharp longer. They can be carefully bent or heated to remove the temper. To retemper after bending reheat and douse in oil. Could be pained silver to remove the color.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Wouldn't the darker color keep it from reflecting light or becoming more visible though? I think it's better off dark. If worried about germs, apply some rubbing alcohol with a Q-tip.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
If the doll were presented as an artifact of some sort, it would be logical to wear gloves while handling it,

Protection perhaps from ancient dust or spores. The gimmick going into the glove rather than your flesh.

This was an idea first put forward by L arry White to the best of my knowledge.

Kotah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Okito Voodoo doll question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL