The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Concealed carry restrictions in CA overturned (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 15:06, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 14:58, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Umm, That's the theory.

You know just calling something an "extremist point of view" is only... . nevermind. you won't get it ,I won't waste the pixels

Yea just having a different point of view means he doesn't understand. Yea comprehension has always been the problem Lobo has. Sure it is all him.

Hail. Hail , the gangs all here!!!

Who's the pivot man, LOBO?
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Heck, Doyle, you can't even follow a simple quote and figure out I wasn't talking to Lobo. I don't think he needs you to defend him.
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 14:55, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 14:42, Pecan_Creek wrote:
While it has been accepted by the US Supreme court that a poll tax is an impediment to the free exercise of a constitutional right, the same can't be be said of liscensing fees etc for guns.

That would be relevant if we were discussing poll taxes and not voter I.D.

It was until you saw the fallacy of your analogy and decided to obfuscate.

Your original analogy implied that it's unfair to complain about voter ID laws ( have been argued as a poll tax) and not about gun fees (To the best of my knowledge never been argued that way).

Ah, But you knew that , Silly!
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
Quote:
While it has been accepted by the US Supreme court that a poll tax is an impediment to the free exercise of a constitutional right, the same can't be be said of liscensing fees etc for guns.

Your original analogy implied that it's unfair to complain about voter ID laws ( have been argued as a poll tax) and not about gun fees (To the best of my knowledge never been argued that way).

Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Umm, That's the theory.

You know just calling something an "extremist point of view" is only... . nevermind. you won't get it ,I won't waste the pixels
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Umm, That's the theory.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
All US citizens should be issued a gun and a banjo at birth.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 14:58, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Umm, That's the theory.

You know, I never used to use the term extremist until I called Bob on it once and he explained that it's not name calling if the name is an accurate representation. And since over 80% of people support voter ID and even 72% of Democrats support Voter ID, I think we can definitely conclude that opposition to it is extremist.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenf......d-thing/
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 15:22, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not unfair; inconsistent (if the argument is that on principle, it's wrong to have financial impediments to the exercise of constitutional rights).

Ah, but you knew that, Silly!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
All US citizens at birth are Infantry.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 15:22, Pecan_Creek wrote:

I did no such thing.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yet he was stupefied by it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-14 16:06, tommy wrote:
Yet he was stupefied by it.

Kind of ironic, coming from the guy who said "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Here, it's about fifty bucks and takes about twenty minutes to fill out some papers asking whether you have domestic violence or some similar convictions or involuntary psychiatric institutionalization in your background. Then you just get fingerprinted for the background check. The permit can take up to thirty days but in reality usually comes in about a week. It's good for five years. They do provide you with educational materials to take home for further study, but no class is required. I think it should be though. One more interesting thing is that if you already have a permit then there's not a waiting period to purchase a handgun here or in Idaho (unless they've changed it.)

On the other hand, to join a local gun trading forum I had to take a quiz demonstrating knowledge of popular gun brands and calibers.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
One man's obfuscation is another man's reasoned argument.

Tomato, Tomato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Concealed carry restrictions in CA overturned (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL