The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Productions From Apparatus (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Michael, your tip about the "method by which the trailing end of one silk is twisted around the leading end of the next silk being loaded" is something that my mentor, Earl Edwards, passed along to his students. I think of it as the "Kleenex" method of loading silks so that the corner of each successive silk pops up so it can be easily pulled from, say, a square circle without having to dig into the device and fish it out. It's a fine point that another mentor of mine--Bob McAllister--called "That Extra Touch." In my Alumascreen I load some 24 inch silks that way and have the last silk pull out a streamer. The twist/"pop-up" method is a great alternative to tying a string of silks together by the corners.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I believe Duane Laflin teaches that same technique on his hank ball DVD.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I use a gimmicked egg because it will hold more. (Brown eggs don't flash!) I'd rather be caught with an egg than a tube.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I still make the Rosini style silk winder and it is good in some instances. The accordian fold of a streamers has been done before but I know of no loading for the same except the hands. Boxes will work to some degree but the hands still do the work.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I experimented a bit recently with a Rosini style winder for a project... and found I could get the same volume of fabric into the load chamber without it. Still, it might be more effective than hand loading for longer lengths. I was loading only 50 feet of 12" silk streamer)
Regards-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I can see where a Rosini Silk Winder load would be a great finale for a Phantom or Ghost Tube. Easy to steal and load.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Yes, Bill, it's exactly as you suggest, The silk bundle (load) has a solid feel even when removed from the winder. There are definite advantages to that!

i ended up making a paper tube to hold the load so that the gimmick (the paper tube itself) could be crushed and tossed aside during the routine...so far its working well!
Regards-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I rediscovered this thread and wanted to let the active members know that I am looking for a Davenport Demon Wonder Box!
This would be for performance use... (I'm not a prop collector per se) so it has to be in reasonable condition.

Regards-
J.Neal

PS. Having the Bumper (Torpedo) added load device would be great too!
PM me
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Found one...Thanks! Looks like I'll have to make the added 'torpedo' load
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Productions From Apparatus (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL