The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Max Maven's VideoMinds I,II,III (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I was hoping to see a "show" and instead the effects were presented as discrete individual tricks that did not tie together at all.

What is the best way to see how Max Maven approaches one of his shows.

As opposed to here's a trick, here's a trick, here's a trick,

frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Go see his show. Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-01-05 14:56, Frank Starsini wrote:
I was hoping to see a "show" and instead the effects were presented as discrete individual tricks that did not tie together at all.

What is the best way to see how Max Maven approaches one of his shows.

As opposed to here's a trick, here's a trick, here's a trick,

frank

I second dpe666, even though, and as far as I know, he hardly any longer do any other shows than corporate shows and such.

When this s said:
Even though you wont find a show on any of the videos, you get a lot of stunning routines. The dialogues with Eugene Burger are imo amazing and priceless.

Sven
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
I found the videos the perfect company over the new yr and have added a few of the effects to my routine. I too agree with dpe666 if you want to see a show see a show if you want to learn a series of effects then get the videomind series. Simple mentalism Smile
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Max does a brilliant show. He ties things together, tells very funny stories and amazes his audiences. About two summers ago he did a show every Tuesday night at a local nightclub. He did an hour show that was funny and intelligent and he changed the material here & there so you could see different effects on each night.
And it only cost ten dollars! Needless to say, I saw all but one of the nights.
Great stuff from a great entertainer.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
So is he still performing for the public??
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2004-01-10 22:05, Xia wrote:
So is he still performing for the public??

Of course. He works all the time, but he is very popular in other countries so he's always traveling to do shows.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Does anyone know if Max Maven will perform in France ?

thanks.

Ange.
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2004-01-14 10:01, AngeJudor wrote:
Does anyone know if Max Maven will perform in France ?

thanks.

Ange.

Visit his webpage and subscribe to his newsletter then you will get info about most of his tours here in Europe!

If you would like to receive e-mail announcements regarding upcoming appearances and other news about Max Maven, fill in the form below. Your e-mail address will not be used for any other purpose.
http://www.maxmaven.com/
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
To be honest I found his dress sense too much for me in the videos.as for the effects,only average..
sorry.
good luck.
hmk
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
[quote]On 2004-01-23 14:31, hmk wrote:
To be honest I found his dress sense too much for me in the videos.as for the effects,only average..
sorry.
good luck.
hmk
[/quo

The venerable Mr. Maven has long proven himself and is no longer on trial. Your tastes are.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Hmk's key phrase was "for me." I don't think any performer exists completely outside of critism. But with a successful performer who's entertained millions like Max Maven, you may have a hard time justifying it. A critique of the effects, however, is certainly valid, although I personally found them to be uniformly excellent.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
My sentiments exactly. Max is a top notch performer, and is as I said quite venerable in our profession. There are not many performers who can follow his act, or fill his shoes. That's not to mention his obvious genius and super intellect, and high I.Q., and his unbridled creativity. His propensity for creating brilliant effects is evidenced in his many offerings on the market, and his body of work as published in Genii magazine. It is obvious to me that Phil, or shall we call him Max, is head and shoulders above many in the profession, and to my knowledge has never offered an "average" effect anywhere. And then for someone to sit in judgement on this great performer and bellitle his efforts is, in my opinion, a slap in Max's face, and totally unjustifiable and inexcusable. IMHO.

"Never judge another man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins" --Old indian saying
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry,

But hmk voiced his opinion in a non-abusive way. Every one has their favorites and their not-so-favorites, and that's what makes this board fun to read. Now I must get back to my ranarium . . . darn things are hopping all over the bedroom.

Jack Shalom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Max Maven's VideoMinds I,II,III (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL