The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2010-08-21 13:23, flobiwan wrote:

Regarding Carlo, the son-in-law and the hit on Sonny, the Tattaglias/Barzinis wanted to get Sonny as revenge for Sollozo and McCluskey. They knew that Sonny was angry at Carlo for beating up Connie and Sonny had threatened to kill Carlo if he did it again, so they paid Carlo to beat up Connie on a certain day knowing that Sonny would find out, fly into a rage, and go after Carlo so they could ambush him on the way. Remember, the Corleone's were in hiding in their compound and hardly ever left so Sonny had to have enough motivation to be drawn out.

Was Michael attempting to go legit? Who knows? That's certainly what he told Kay but you could make an argument either way. He killed the heads of the 5 families because the Corleones were losing power and were in danger of being taken over by the other families. In that move, he solidified the Corloeone's power and put them back on top.

I would strongly suggest reading the book as it explains so much more than the movie does.

Fredd

I would add that Carlo had a reason to want Sonny dead, as Sonny beat him to a pulp in front of his buds and workers...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
The book is also both number one and two, for the most part.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-08-21 23:45, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-21 23:42, Chessmann wrote:
"The Manchurian Candidate" is a GREAT movie, btw. If you haven't seen that one....

I hope you won't mind if I take the liberty of telling people you're talking about the original. Take it as a compliment.

Not at all. In fact, I was wondering if there was a later remake of this movie. I thought I had heard of one, but wasn't quite sure. I'll have to see it - be interesting to compare.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The Manchurian Candidate? There was a remake a few years ago, original was great from 1962
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Also, what is the connection between the Corleone son-in-law and the hit on Sonny? I'm lost there as well. To conclude, what was with Fredo and Las Vegas connection and was Michael Corleone attempting to go legit for real and if so, why did he kill off everyone and what was his deal with Moe Green?

I don't know a lot about "The Godfather," but I do know this one. The Corleone's had gone into hiding. The other Families needed to get rid of Sonny (they didn't take Michael seriously, the fools!) so the approached the son-in-law and got him to start a fight with his wife with some beating involved knowing she would call Sonny and he would freak out and leave the hiding place.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL