The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pete Samelson (PENGUIN LIVE) March 9th, 2014 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Peter Samelson LIVE: Sunday Mar 9th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) SUPPORT LIVE MAGIC.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4055

Christened the "soft-spoken conceptualist of sorcery" by the New York Times, Peter Samelson has performed atop the Great Wall of China, in the jungles of Bali and the universities of Tokyo, He has performed for Mexican peasants, and Grand Prix race car drivers on the World Cruise of the Queen Elizabeth II.

He has entertained Princess Stephanie of Monaco, the jet-set of Paris and the fishermen mending their nets on the beaches of Cartegena. From Kenya to the Magic Castle, from television to trade shows, college campuses to commercials, the New York stage, night clubs and celebrity events, Peter Samelson has distinguished himself not only as a magician, but as an artist.

Peter performs and lectures at colleges, universities, and Theater and Performing Arts festivals. Peter has staged two one-man Off-Broadway shows; "The Magician" and "PaperWork." He also performs and designs for television, film and theater including: "What About Bob," "Whispers in the Dark," for Kraft Salad Dressing, host on a syndicated 13 part series on Magic, CNN's "Sonya Live!", Mabou Mines, The Bermuda Theater Festival, the new musical "Houdini" and the PBS Special, "The Art of Magic."

"I've had the pleasure of producing several projects with Peter Samelson and have seen him perform his signature routines at least a dozen times in studio and in front of live audiences and his performances always move me - and I can't tell you the last time any magic performance or performer has ever done that."- Bill Abbott

"Peter raises our art form to new levels. He has an incredible ability to not only leave his audiences in awe, but to emotionally connect with them in ways I never knew were possible."-Michael "Six" Muldoon
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Great! I love his performance and presentational style. Can't wait to see what he will teach.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I remember seeing Peter on the Dick Cavett Show years ago. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" is one of my favorite Wild Card routines.

Robert
billmonroe1972
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of billmonroe1972
I can't wait for this lecture either. This is going to be great.

Cheers,

Bill
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
I'll let you know as soon as I get his set list.

~Steve
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Here you go:

SET-LIST

Focus is “Small Changes make a Big Difference”

-Everything in Theatrical Close-Up will be performed and most of it explained. All the presentations will be discussed… including

- In the Hand-Off (shoelace with spectator’s ring )

- Cigarette and Thimble

- Mat and Thimble

- Sponge Ball Snacks

- Mimetic Slo-Mo (A slow motion coin vanish)

- Ring of Truth (Ring and rope routine)

- New York Transpo (Spectator’s selected card ends up as the only blue-backed card in a red-backed deck. This signed red-backed card changes places with the performers signed card while both are under the performer’s hands. The performer’s and spectator’s signatures switch places on the selected cards)

- The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Wild Card effect with a presentation based on the movie of the same name).

There will also be work on a Ring Flite ending to the two previous Ring & Rope routines with a segment on how to handle and use the Richard Sanders AnyRing, and an ending using the Nick Einhorn Nest of Wallets for two different situations – walk around and formal…

Also, there will be performance and teaching of the Larry Jennings Cup Routine and Slydini’s Coins Through Table to talk about emotional justification…

Plus, Peter will explain some theatrical techniques and scripting concepts supported by performances of Body Snatchers, and his presentations of the Gypsy Thread and Snowstorm routines.

And, perhaps, we’ll convince him to perform Smoke – his magnificent routine (set to music) with coins, smoke, and a wine glass.
Plus, there are certain to be some other surprises!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
1) This needs to be bumped lol

2) Peter is incredible, it took me an incredibly long time to track down his book, but thankfully I finally got my hands on it! Well worth the wait and the lecture will be awesome. Tons of stuff we will and MUST use.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Anyone watch this? I'll be able to watch it tomorrow, interested in what people thought Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Darn! Missed this tonight, but I did just now purchase the download. This might be my favorite lecture to date!

Jim
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
J Mac,

Why is it your favorite lecture to date?

Thanks
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2014, BMWGuy wrote:
J Mac,

Why is it your favorite lecture to date?

Thanks

I said it might be. Why? Because I have read other works by Peter and I have some of the routines he has published, and I love his thoughts on magic and theater. I don’t need to pick up any new effects or routines, but I really do want to hear him speak on magic and it's relation to theater and art in general. Strong interests of mine. Smile

Jim
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The download has been up since earlier in the morning, had a chance to watch a few segments. I like what I see so far.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
How long is the lecture?

and any more thoughts on this?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
ReetDeeDee
View Profile
New user
Scotland
19 Posts

Profile of ReetDeeDee
I have just finished downloading it, and watched the first few minutes. Total duration is 4 hours and 5 mins.

Looks good so far. I love listening to the experienced performer. At the start he's talking about and demontrating how small changes can make a big difference to an effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pete Samelson (PENGUIN LIVE) March 9th, 2014 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL