The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poorly themed rides (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
That reminds me of "The Zipper." Think of a deranged Ferris Wheel, stretched into an oval. Not only are the enclosed cars travelling around the oval, but then the oval itself starts to spin. You could hear change coming out of people's pockets and landing off in the distance!

Here's a video;

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=carn......14DF9703
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
The Vominator.

They used to have that at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Basically, you stood against the wall in a circular room, which spun around at high speed. Then the floor dropped out, leaving you stuck to the wall. It was called the Spin Out, but for a great deal of people, The Vominator would also have been accurate.

They had that in Coney Island back in the 70's (and I presume far before that). It was called "The Hellhole." You always got some moron trying to twist himself upside down on the drum before the spinning stopped.

Yes, I remember that one at Coney Island. It went by a few other names too, that I can't remember. I think it was called "The Round-Up" when I was a kid. I'm a wimp when it comes to roller coasters--I went on the Tornado at Coney Island when I was younger but refused to try the larger Cyclone--but this one I went on a lot, because I knew it was very safe. The centripetal force kept you flat against the sides of the spinning cylinder and you couldn't move from the wall even if you tried.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, Cliffg37 wrote:

My next idea is a dark ride (A slower ride on tracks through a dark warehouse that shows you scenery.) It would be called the Tear-jerker, and would end with a blast of tear gas in the face. Riders come out crying.

Other thoughts for really bad rides?

In his story; "Nightfall" Isaac Asimov has a society that has evolved under multiple suns with no night. Once every ten thousand years, all the suns line up and the planet enters night for the first time. This pretty much drives the entire population crazy and brings down the end of civilization which then has to rebuild over the next ten thousand year period.

Where is the "poorly themed ride?" In the story one of the scientists tells the reporter who's the main character that there was a "dark ride" where there was nothing in the ride, the people just rode through darkness for several minutes and came out the other end visibly shaken. Some killed themselves, but the ride operators just paid people off and the ride continued... until people who'd been through the ride wouldn't go into dark buildings... and then they wouldn't go into lighted buildings either and if they were dragged into one, they would hurt themselves trying to get out!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
There's a comic I read called "Something Positive" (which rarely is) at one point the hero's father goes to a "haunted house" only to find the entire house is evangelical Christianity blaming everything wrong in the world on liberals and their agenda.

Reminds me of this: http://www.liberty.edu/scaremare/
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Yeah, the guy who writes "Something positive" even acknowledges he didn't invent the concept of a "hell house."
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
The Refridgerator - a pretty cool ride.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Ooo, cold, Chrystal. Just cold.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
The comedian Brian Regan, in 'Epitome of Hyperbole', suggests a simulated ride through Dealey Plaza, "JFK the Ride". Lynn
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I'm digging this skeleton topic up because I just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVeHxUVkW4w
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Nice find Michael, most of the rides they designed would certainly kill, or at least incopacitate the rider. the 6g's he speaks of is not deadly, but no roller coaster I am aware of gives moer than 5, and that is momentary. The video was certainly cool though, and great editing.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
The "Breakdown"... Never needs maintenance cuz if it has problems or breakdowns it's just part of the experience. Ride at your own risk!
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
It took me half way into this video before I realized it was fake. What did it as the 3rd "ride" that took 14 hours to complete! Other than that I was totally taken in.
It was AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing Michael.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Poorly themed rides (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL