The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Popcorn salt (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
I've used popcorn salt for the pour for decades. Friend in NYC told me of it. Works great.

Paul
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Throw a silica gel packet in with your salt and it will keep it nice and dry between shows!
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Threads now a days are funny. 20 years ago, whats being talked about on this particular thread would have been top secret. now its public info. you can even google the name of a trick and see the gimmick that goes with it. seesh.
pcb52
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of pcb52
Anyone tried sand blasting materials like glass beads, it looks like salt??
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If anyone wishes to perform the Long Salt Pour or any messy trick that leaves confetti, rice, or salt, on the floor. You should consider purchasing the Laflin Utility Drop Box. This is a very nice type of folding Waste Basket. Duane Laflin uses it at his dealers displays at magic conventions to work out of. He places Velcro along the top edge and makes holders for his secret props.

My use is to place a small waste basket liner in the box and use the plastic folder spine clips to hold the liner in place. The box has a bottom, but do to the feature of being able to fold the box flat, a liner is needed. The top opening is large enough so the performer can move during the salt, confetti, or rice pour. This also makes it an easy clean up to get packed and deal with the mess later.

It is a valuable asset, in my opinion, when wishing to present magic that no one else will do because of the mess involved.

http://www.laflinmagicstore.com/product-p/mpdudb.htm
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
That is a nice tip Bill! Thank you.
lt
View Profile
New user
US
50 Posts

Profile of lt
I've always heard of using unflavored popcorn salt because its finer grain.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Bill, the Laflin Utility Drop Box is BRILLIANT! That whole site has great stuff. Prices ain't bad either! Smile

Doug
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Laflins stuff is great!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Popcorn salt (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL