The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Black Hole (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
After explaining that the missing socks in washers and pocket change in sofa cushions have provided scientists with evidence that there may be Black Hole formations beginning on earth (comic approach)

OR

really explaining something about modern physics and the theories of Black Holes and Worm Holes (mystical approach?)

you proceed to pull a black hole from your pocket. Two or three items vanish into it (preferably by different methods) and (maybe the tricky part) reappear from it.

If you decide it's a worm hole, the items could reappear from a hole in a different location.

Some items that come to my mind are rings, keys, signed bills, corner torn cards, coins...

Is the routine overly repetitive or a good mix?

What items would you choose?
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Use socks!
Also you could use the gag pair of gloves from Hank Lee. The normal glove goes in and the six foot long glove comes out
Ray Haddad
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
151 Posts

Profile of Ray Haddad
Rolled up socks would be fantastic when used with a Jerry Andrus Zone Zero as a prop. Pattering about socks disappearing into the black hole at the laundromat could be developed into a very funny routine.

You had a very good idea and a logical yet illogical plot, as well. That makes lots of room for more things to disappear.

Best,
Ray
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I have to apologize.

I just saw an advertizement for a coin effect called "The Black Hole"; the coin disappears from one special case to appear in another.

Still, I think it would be funny to find peoples' lost socks, keys, change, pets, report cards (not really "lost"), even a lost brew from a college party all in the...

...Black Hole!!!

alan
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » The Black Hole (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL