The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Plastic Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yazz
View Profile
New user
UK
49 Posts

Profile of yazz
With plastic money slowly taking over the world - countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand use plastic money (I hear Britain's switching soon Smile http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013......ll-fiver ) - I was wondering which effects that have already been released are doable with plastic currency and maybe some of you creative magicians out there have ideas for effects using plastic money.

- Yazz
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
Only bill switch I use with malaysian (plastic money) notes is the tt switch.
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
128 Posts

Profile of civins
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2014, yazz wrote:
With plastic money slowly taking over the world - countries like Canada, Australia and New Zealand use plastic money (I hear Britain's switching soon Smile http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013......ll-fiver ) - I was wondering which effects that have already been released are doable with plastic currency and maybe some of you creative magicians out there have ideas for effects using plastic money.

- Yazz

Scotland is introducing plastic bank notes in 2015. The bank of England are bringing them in 2016.
MScapes
View Profile
New user
New Brunswick, Canada
56 Posts

Profile of MScapes
The effect Money by Lloyd Barnes can be done with plastic money
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
Has anyone attempted Extreme Burn with plastic bills? I've been hoarding paper bills in fear it won't work with plastic ones, but I'm afraid the days are numbered for a lot of torn and folded bill tricks.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
It's put me off getting any effects, like changeling, until I'm totally convinced it works easily and well with plastic Smile
Houdonni
View Profile
New user
Vancouver BC Canada
58 Posts

Profile of Houdonni
I've performed the Mobius Switch by Glenn West with plastic money using three bills, and if the bills are creased really well in advance, enough to hold their folded shape, it works fine. The clear windows add an extra challenge, but can be easily managed by cover with your fingers, and then manuevering the windows to the back facing you, and folding the opaque side to the spectators for cover. They do tend to stick together at times, but nothing a little finess won't solve. In short, it can be done with plastic money.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
81 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2015, Houdonni wrote:
Has anyone attempted Extreme Burn with plastic bills? I've been hoarding paper bills in fear it won't work with plastic ones, but I'm afraid the days are numbered for a lot of torn and folded bill tricks.

I would be curious to know this as well. I used to use Extreme Burn with a wad of paper strips from a magazine which turns into £10 notes but then opted to change the paper strips for Japanese Yen (which cost me something along the lines of £40-50 and which I had to trim. I'd like to think I'd still be able to use these with plastic currency... or I need to take those Yen back. :/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Plastic Money (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL