The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » California Curling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
It's official...I'm in a curling league. 75% of the team members are magicians. Thursday is League Night, starting next week.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Stay away from the fiendish thingies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622AzYWXBTA
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I have a fellow novice curler on my team (actually a magician as well - the creator of Pyro Perception) and a father-son pair with some experience. We won our first match last night, 6-2. It's an 8-team, 9-week league - a round-robin regular season, then two weeks of playoffs. So far, so good.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
And we won he league championship! After a 5-2 regular season, we hit a hot streak in the playoffs, winning both matches (helped by the fact that I was out of town for the finals). New league started last week. We replaced outer best player with a rank beginner, and I took over as skip. We got killed, so we're off to a rocky start defending the title.

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
He lobo. Good to hear your howl once again!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » California Curling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL