The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Plate Lifter Ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Besides using a slick card or table salt and a plate lifter for a haunted deck type effect where the pack of cards would be sitting on the table rather than held on the hand...what other magical (not gag) related ideas might be floating around? I did a search and the only other idea found (really a gag) was to use the lifter to animate a toupe.
Nicholas
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Ted Lesley has some extraordinary ideas with plate lifters in his book Paramiracles.
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
I thought of an effect that I posted in the bizarre catorgory some time back...

You have a tray of salt, and sketch a heart shape in it. With the magicial gesture, the heart "Beats", just once or twice.

The method was (obviously) a plate lifter at the bottom of the tray... Although I really couldn't tell you if it worked, I couldn't find a platelifter!

Cheers,

Liam.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Thanks for the ideas. I forgot about Paramiracles. I took another look and, by gosh, there are some great ideas there. I also like the beating heart idea. Thanks again!
Nicholas
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
Hi -

Corrinda's "13 Steps" has an effect using a plate lifter called "The Haunted Ball" on page 292. This effect is the reason I was looking into plate lifters myself.

Best,
G.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I created an effect called "Spirit Walk".
It uses a 'Stripper' and 'Brainwave' deck and two 'Palpitator (s)' (aka Plate Lifter).

Effect is that a card jumps from one deck to the other. The boxed decks are seen to move during the transposition.

A copy of the effect can be found at the 'False Cuts' site.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Plate Lifter Ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL