The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mirage by Mickael Chatelain (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EddieM
View Profile
Regular user
Experienced but only
172 Posts

Profile of EddieM
Here is another one that Mickael just released. Looks pretty good.

Trailer: Mirage by Mickael Chatelain

Mickael is well known for his new automatic and visual effects.

MIRAGE your viewers with a live strange illusion.

A selected card is placed in the center of the deck you then place two white cards on top of your deck, each of the white cards possess a hole in the center. While nothing can hide them, the illusion appears in front of the spectators view!

Here is the question you have to ask your viewers...You know what a Mirage is?

A mirage is simply a hallucination...

2 white cards have at their center a hole about the size of a 2 euro piece, they are laid slowly on top of the deck and thanks to the 2 holes this is evident.
Without hiding anything or covering the deck instantly between the 2 white cards appears the spectator's card.
Illusion? Reality? or Mirage? In less time than it takes to sign the card the card disappears again , leaving only the two white cards on the end!

Spread the deck out for the viewer and their chosen card is always at the center of it.

A strange experience! Evidence that the mirages exists actually...

Strengths:
- No manipulation
- No glue , no wires , no flap
- Immediate Reset
- EddieM
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Looks great... a bit similar to Lock, which he previously released, but I heard mixed things about that, so hopefully this is improved.

I'm a huge fan of Chatelain's work though, so I'm excited for this.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
Reminds me a lot of The Whole Thing. Although this is obviously different in design.

It looks really visual but I wonder if everything is as clean as it seems to be - If it is, then it's a great effect!
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Looks good but there are a couple of edits
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I agree, it would be better without the edits. Probably nothing important but always makes me think what don't they want me to see.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got a pretty much idea how it is done ,just went through some of my card collection packet tricka and have similar,not quite the same but similar effect can not remember what it was called though,still this is a very visual effect.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
Got a pretty much idea how it is done ,just went through some of my card collection packet tricka and have similar,not quite the same but similar effect can not remember what it was called though,still this is a very visual effect.

Solo by Mark Mason?
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Ceierry wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:

Solo by Mark Mason?

ARH yes that is the one,in reverse sort of?all the best Shane
Mickael
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Mickael
Hi everybody,
I'm very happy to read your reviews.
I will shoot " THE MIRAGE EFFECT " in one shoot just for you.
I hope this video will show you my trick without editing, like in real life.
And I send a link in this forum.
See you

Thanks
Mickael Chatelain
www.gimickmagic.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I got this last week and have performed it a few times so far. This gets very good reactions. Its a great moment when you can show the full front and back of the card that appears as that throws off a lot of people (someone compared this to Solo, which I also own and love, but this looks more convincing and its a different gimmick). I would not worry about the edit in the trailer- there arent any funny moves to worry about.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
This looks fascinating. Definite eye candy.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BigJRitch
View Profile
New user
Fort Smith, ARK
22 Posts

Profile of BigJRitch
I like the look of this trick. Definitely watching. Would anybody be willing to film themselves performing the trick?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mirage by Mickael Chatelain (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL