The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Working Pro's out there, how much do you charge? And rate my routine. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Pompey2L.A. wrote:

In my opinion this is proven perfectly in this video I found, lot of expensive props but not the smoothest performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4wt4-6nz8

I don't mean to offend the performer in question in the video or anyone that knows him, I'm just using it to help prove the point. Nor am I saying I am a better or more successful performer then him. It is just my opinion.

Just watched the vid. He started out pretty good, but faded fast.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
251 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2014, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2014, Pompey2L.A. wrote:

In my opinion this is proven perfectly in this video I found, lot of expensive props but not the smoothest performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu4wt4-6nz8

I don't mean to offend the performer in question in the video or anyone that knows him, I'm just using it to help prove the point. Nor am I saying I am a better or more successful performer then him. It is just my opinion.

Just watched the vid. He started out pretty good, but faded fast.

It got a bit uncomfortable to watch in parts...
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
$55 for your giveaways is a lot for a party of 24 kids. I give out wands to all the kids, along with a full color, double sided glossy 9"x4" teach a trick card, and a magic set for the birthday child. I'm under $10 for a party of 24 kids. My magic set is 6 tricks with my own book that teaches 12 more. It is in a bag with a custom full color front card. Figure out how to cut your costs so that you have some wiggle room on your pricing.
-Matt
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I agree that $55 is a bit much. If the kids just get one thing, they're pretty happy. I usually give the birthday boy/girl a few items, but after that only the "helpers" get a sticker that says "Magician Helper".

Once you get to Tampa and get settled in, you can ask a few club members how much the market will bear for kid's parties. We get around $150 - 200 here for a 40 - 45 minute show. It's not uncommon to "upsell" and get another $15 - 20 for the chair suspension. There seems to be a balance - if you charge too little you won't get the gigs, and if you charge too much you won't get the gigs. You'll find the middle ground with a little experience.

Have fun - if you're not having fun the money's not worth it.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Working Pro's out there, how much do you charge? And rate my routine. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL