The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wallets for Packet Tricks (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Waterloophai wrote:
Http://www.heinzmintenmagic.com/wallets.htm

quality wallets !

In the Card Trick Wallet you have 10 compartments. In each compartment max. 5 cards.

Wow, what a great website!
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
You buy sports card sleeves and boxes at Walmarts. They are thin plastic sleeves which can hold 4 poker size cards. I store my gaff cards in them and carry them with me for some packet tricks. You can buy 50 sleeves in a box for around six dollars. They are with sports cards and "magic" card games, in a section in the front of the store near the cash registers. You can write with a Sharpy what is inside for ease of use.

Merl H
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2015, MerlH wrote:
You buy sports card sleeves and boxes at Walmarts. They are thin plastic sleeves which can hold 4 poker size cards. I store my gaff cards in them and carry them with me for some packet tricks. You can buy 50 sleeves in a box for around six dollars. They are with sports cards and "magic" card games, in a section in the front of the store near the cash registers. You can write with a Sharpy what is inside for ease of use.

Merl H

Thanks, I will look for them today.

Emmett
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Joshua Jay's Pro Carrier Case is great! I carry ACE by Richard Sanders, an invisible deck, a ring, a few half dollars, and rubberbands. (Normal deck of cards is in my pocket.)
I'm sure you could fit around 3-4 packet tricks in it...
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You know I took your advice on this wallet like a year ago when I was looking for something to carry packet tricks. Not only has it worked out perfect for me so far, your idea elicited a thoughtful kind of "ohhh" from a visiting magician (an Army Colonel on leave) who saw me grab spin doctor out of it. He commented on how that was a good solution to the carrying of packet tricks.

Magicians helping magicians...

Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Look up Aluma-wallet XL http://www.amazon.com/Aluma-Wallet-XL-In......08JGGD4Y perfect size and holds several packets (I have 6 of them because I got them a year ago on clearance at Walmart for $5 ea) The hinges have a tendency to pop out if you overfill though (I just wrap the wallet in a rubberband at that point) Great for storing them also so the gaffs don't get mixed up with regular cards in the magic drawer.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
I have the Jerry O'Connell packet trick wallet which is hip sized and not too bad. It also has 2 slits for coins.
The Large JoL and my Kaps wallet both have plenty of slots for packet tricks too.
Googoomafint11
View Profile
New user
I actually have more than only
28 Posts

Profile of Googoomafint11
If you are just looking for a nice and simple wallet, I love to use ones I've just bought of ebay, look around to find ones like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Leather-Ch......19871681

I find that they still look really classy, and they have lasted me quite a while, and they are very cheap! They can store to packet tricks, and I love to use it to start my tricks just by asking which trick they want to see, face up with x, or face down with two lines, and the I close the wallet, open it the other way and they have switched sides! Sounds simple, but some peoples reactions are priceless! Then you know you have a good audience for your next trick...
Error 404
Code _signature_ not found
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I found these beautiful metal cigarette cases that are spring loaded and open one handed in magical style. They're a bit heavy but with the club, hearts, space and diamond repeat pattern inside and out it is just perfect for poker sized packet tricks. The spring loaded clip inside keeps your NFW gimmick from being a problem. You can carry second packet trick on the other side. The clip keeps two sets separated. I carry Poker Deck Rejects and 3 Card Monte in mine. I sell limited supply of the metal cases and unlimited supply of PDR on ebay if interested. See video of the carrying case in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7QNWSbPng
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
I use the original leather Heirloom Wallet in which I keep my own adapted version of Kollosal Killer. In addition, I keep another four packet tricks in the inside card slots. If I want to carry around a new one then an old one has to go. But 5 routines in total is usually more than enough for me.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, Googoomafint11 wrote:
If you are just looking for a nice and simple wallet, I love to use ones I've just bought of ebay, look around to find ones like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Leather-Ch......19871681

I find that they still look really classy, and they have lasted me quite a while, and they are very cheap! They can store to packet tricks, and I love to use it to start my tricks just by asking which trick they want to see, face up with x, or face down with two lines, and the I close the wallet, open it the other way and they have switched sides! Sounds simple, but some peoples reactions are priceless! Then you know you have a good audience for your next trick...

I have several of these. Quality look and they serve as a mini-himber if you really need to use that feature.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Wallets for Packet Tricks (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL