The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Penguinmagic.com? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Rizzo wrote:
Looks same on IPad as before.

Yup, looks the same to me on iPad too.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Acar,

Glad to see you put the option for the full website. Much better...
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2014, Mike ODonnell wrote:
Not a fan of the new site ( iPhone ), which is how I view and purchase my magic. Most of which, 99% is via penguin. Acar, sorry to say this, but your new site lost a good customer. The previous site was much better and user friendlier.

Mike

I know, right? Count me in as a lost customer as well! How dare Penguin try to experiment a bit with their mobile site to make it easier to read for customers. This was the final straw. Heck, I should have left long when they took away my 10% off code, Penguin22779 or what ever it was. And now they sometimes send me a video of them packing my products, who has time to watch a video!? That time could be better spent by them responding to me complaining about a product sold by them on a thread on the Magic Café. This whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. It's almost making me not enjoy this free package of Peanut M&M's they sent me on my last order.

---

Seriously, Acar here are some of my humble suggestions for the mobile site. I know the intent is to make the areas larger for many phones, but tablets are also being affected. Is there a way to have the site to save our preference? If not, I would recommend the 'Switch to Full Site' button be located in the top right from the get-go so we don't have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to change. Also, I know 'Cool Box' and 'Blizzard' are being added to the drop down menu but I think it would help if 'Cool Box' is seen right at the top just like the normal site (without having to click through a menu). Many times that is the reason I check Penguin so often.
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Rob,

You must have missed my second post. It's too much scrolling on a mobile phone, the full site option is much better imho.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Also can't stand the auto play on the videos when you go the site.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
I cant even view the videos on my Galaxy II android phone anymore.
Hate the mobile site..
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On May 13, 2014, sirbrad wrote:
Also can't stand the auto play on the videos when you go the site.

I agree with the auto play, slows it down too much. I would much prefer to click to play a video if I wanted to see it, rather than have to wait for it to load and start so that I can stop it.

Robert
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Yeah plus the sounds blasts at you louder than other sites really is annoying as I cannot stand all that loud, blaring music used in demo videos today and over the last 10 years. Just cut the BS and show me the *** trick like the old days.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Penguinmagic.com? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL