The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Most chosen numbers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Plexusonfire
View Profile
New user
Morocco
23 Posts

Profile of Plexusonfire
Hello guys,

Note : Sorry I left the Café for a while. I secluded myself from social circles to work on my sleight-of-hand. I'm proud to come back as a 1 year old magician mastering the Top Shot, the Shell Game and Cups & Balls, basic stage manipulations, one handed riffle shuffles, and other flourishes. But that's enough bragging.

I'm here today on this part of the Forum because a thought just crossed my mind about an eventual mentalism trick I'm trying to create.

Does any of you know what are the most selected numbers (max. 8) (in order, possibly) from 1 to 5 (I know 3 is the one from 1 to 4), 1 to 9 or 10 (is it 7 ?), 1 to 20, 1 to 50, and 1 to 99 or 100 ?

Saad B.
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
Psychological subtitles has all the answers you need Smile
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, Plexusonfire wrote:
Hello guys,

Note : Sorry I left the Café for a while. I secluded myself from social circles to work on my sleight-of-hand. I'm proud to come back as a 1 year old magician mastering the Top Shot, the Shell Game and Cups & Balls, basic stage manipulations, one handed riffle shuffles, and other flourishes. But that's enough bragging.

I'm here today on this part of the Forum because a thought just crossed my mind about an eventual mentalism trick I'm trying to create.

Does any of you know what are the most selected numbers (max. 8) (in order, possibly) from 1 to 5 (I know 3 is the one from 1 to 4), 1 to 9 or 10 (is it 7 ?), 1 to 20, 1 to 50, and 1 to 99 or 100 ?

Saad B.

It took you a whole year? Then I bet you could master mentalism in 6 months, 7 tops.
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Check Banacheks Psychological Subleties and after you've done that I can tell you that girlfriends have this wierd ... 'Number selection' that they go for something that most people don't go for.

Has to be because of oxytocin levels... strange love.
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
I regularly ask people to select a number between 1 and 100 and there is never a common number, however a few times in the same evening in different locations people pick the same number e.g.71
Don't know why maybe something on the news or in the air???
I love post its Smile
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, Woodfield wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, Plexusonfire wrote:
Hello guys,

Saad B.

It took you a whole year? Then I bet you could master mentalism in 6 months, 7 tops.

For a minute, I thought Parmenion had risen from the dead to haunt us!
Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Trickstar
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
154 Posts

Profile of Trickstar
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2014, John Linden wrote:
Check Banacheks Psychological Subleties and after you've done that I can tell you that girlfriends have this wierd ... 'Number selection' that they go for something that most people don't go for.

Has to be because of oxytocin levels... strange love.

Haha, I 2nd that! girlfriends and wives are the most contrary and challenging specs ever for me! That said, the other night I asked my wife (who incidentaly I stopped discussing methods with around 5 years ago) what the most amazing and impossible thing she thought was possible from deck of cards, she said "I dunno... probably just telling me what card I am thinking of"... I performed Pete Turners Getting to Know You and it actually melted her mind... she was convinced that I was only able to do it because I know her soo well and when I said it was possible to do with anyone that was willing to engage in the process she flipped. I have read a few references to the 'impressing the wife measure' for ascertaining how good an effect is, if indeed it is the measure Getting to Know You is gold!

My suggestion for the OP would be to suss out a routine that allows you to ask specs for random 2 digit numbers that has a succesful outcome no matter what - then you can build up your own database of number/replies and go from there.
Plexusonfire
View Profile
New user
Morocco
23 Posts

Profile of Plexusonfire
Thank you guys for the ressources. Psychological's Subtelties proved to be an awesome pedia for beginning mentalism Smile

But about girlfriends, what number selection are you talking about ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Most chosen numbers (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL