The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Visit with Jimmy Nelson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I've met Jimmy and Betty Nelson at the Vent Haven conVENTion, but today was a real treat. Mark Wade and I were invited to visit Jimmy's home to interview him for the International Ventriloquist Society's Spotlight newsletter. We sat and talked for about an hour. The interview covered everything from how he started to his greatest moment in a seventy year career. We talked about working with Milton Berle and Ronald Reagan. He shared how Farfel was created at a late night show. There were famous stories and ones he has never shared before. It was amazing.

After the official interview, Jimmy brought out Danny O'Day and Farfel. We recorded some ad-libs as he played with them and gave us a demonstration of Farfel's animations. Naturally we asked for, and were granted a performance of the Nestles' jingle.

When the video camera was put away, we sat down to talk and share a wonderful afternoon with the legend. It was an experience I will never forget.

The entire interview will be in a future IVS Spotlight. I can't wait to share it with the community! (But unfortunately have too...)
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

SD Houston
View Profile
New user
Billings, MT
61 Posts

Profile of SD Houston
Awesome! I look forward to seeing the interview!
The art of anything is taking the time to learn everything
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
Wonderful! Jimmy Nelson is a huge talent and a consummate gentleman. I look forward to the interview!

-Philip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Visit with Jimmy Nelson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL