The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cockpit view Landing Through Thick Cloud (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Known as the land of the long white cloud, so if you fly into NZ you could well encounter this scenario.

This is spectacular. why don't the airline industry have a live video feed from the aircraft's nose streamed into the cabin in order to amuse and bedazzle their weary travelers.
This is the descent into Queenstown , New Zealand . It must take great faith in your instruments to pilot an approach like this but the rush must be amazing.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/pilotnewzdalnd1
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
That's awesome. I've been in the front seat a few times ascending or descending thru clouds, and I can tell you the first time is spooky, but then you want to go right back up and do it a bunch more times.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On May 2, 2014, Magic from A to Z wrote:
why don't the airline industry have a live video feed from the aircraft's nose streamed into the cabin in order to amuse and bedazzle their weary travelers.

Because some of the passengers would panic.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
They used to until the United crash at O'Hare airport. Passengers were able to watch their screens showing the view from the cockpit as the plane flipped over.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Any idea where that was.

Ray
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
O'Hare is in Chicago.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
The video is great but soundtrack should be "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd. IMHO

I skydived through the middle of a cloud once. Not as much fun as I thought it would be. Like being in a thick wet fog.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cockpit view Landing Through Thick Cloud (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL