The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "... or here." (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
We been out a month now, pushing the Show around,...
so far,.
a bit slow.
Relaxing between Shows, in Pinneberg, I walked through the Cemetary.
I like reading graves stones,.. names,.. professions,.. dates,..
I came to one grave bed, with two stones on it,..
The first one said:
(in German)
"Here rests Waldi Kakurratz.
Master of the Cups and Balls."

,on the grave stone next to it:
"...or here!"

life's good,
gallagher
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Yes, I have fascination with cemeteries and grave stones. It certainly makes you think of your own mortality and where we are all going to end up. I remember I was once wandering around a cemetery in Menton in the South of France and I stumbled across the grave stone of William Webb Ellis, the English Clergyman who is supposed to have invented the game of Rugby (although there is doubt about that). I felt like I had discovered some hidden treasure!

Mark
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I love the thought of a final trick. thanks Gallagher, that was quite a find.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
I was cutting thru a cemetary once and sat down against a tree. All of the sudden, I heard a huge deep muffled explosion. An old sealed casket had actually blown up from the accumulating gases of decomposure. What a mess it must have made.
Smile
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Love the tricky tombstones...thanks for sharing.

While in high school I belonged to local magic shop's magic club. One Halloween we decided to have a gathering in a cemetery. We had some food then decided a game of hide and go seek might be fun (I know...not the most respectful...but we were young and stupid). The game quickly came to an end when one of the kids was running in the dark and feel into an open grave that had been dug for funeral the next day...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Iron Butterfly
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Iron Butterfly
I posted this in another thread regarding a different topic but it certainly applies here.

https://www.facebook.com/events/130015983791825/

Jeff McBride taught a master class in my wife's home town of Rumford, Maine. Turns out one of card magics innovators was from Rumford and is buried there. Jeff and several folks found his grave and did some card sleights and flourishes to celebrate him.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
From what I understand and have gleaned, Jeff McBride is one of the guys that really appreciate that we are each a part of a long history of magic, an integral part of the present. Along the way we do what we can and hopefully help a little. So that those who will come after can add to the beautiful tapestry of history.

Whew! Either I'm waxing nostalgic, or that beer is kicking in on my otherwise empty stomach.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Delightful story Gallagher, great to hear from ya Brother.
Please give my best to the Mrs. Smile
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "... or here." (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL