The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Strongest Card trick? (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
ValeCavaliero
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of ValeCavaliero
I can hardly imagine something more powerful than the 5 Star Miracle effect.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Many, many great card tricks out there ! It really depends on the situation.
Often a simple DL is enough to entertain if the time is right.
An open prediction has quite an impact especially when they shuffle and handle the cards, not necessarily loud screaming but definitely a "Wow, how....".
Card to box is always a pleaser (toibox) and you can't go wrong with an Omni deck or a Phantom deck. that's the kind of tricks lay people really like... not complicated, easy to follow with a surprise ending.

All in all it is an art itself to find the best trick for every card plot in magic.
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2019, kebmo3108 wrote:

All in all it is an art itself to find the best trick for every card plot in magic.

And for each magician…
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
Hard Question. People react differently to Magic. I have had people jump and scream when I do Card magic and it also depends on the situation. There are usually distractions and noises when I am performing Strolling Close up. I believe that any Card Magic you are good at and perform and present well can be the strongest. There is so much card magic out there that it is difficult to choose. I like the one nobody picks because it is not a Knuckle Buster, Magician's Insurance Policy.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
One effect that I do often, Ace by Richard Sanders. I get very strong reactions by this effect. Quick, visual and magical. Plus, easy to do.
SamuraiStag
View Profile
New user
Australia
14 Posts

Profile of SamuraiStag
I really love the reactions from "Confinement" by Phil Dacosta. I've had this for a long time and still find it as strong as ever.
Invisible Deck routines always blow people's minds.

I recently picked up Justin Miller's Bold Project and love his "Descent" version of a TnR. I think that'll be my new "slap you in the face" routine.

PS. Loving reading and looking up people's recommendations for routines.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
If I have only one shot at someone, my go-to is always Chicago Surprise.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Jeremy Weiss’ ACAAN
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
I saw Darwin Ortiz perform Jumping Gemini at a lecture he did at the Yogi Magic Mart before he actually published it. He did it as a teaser for At the Card Table which came out soon after. Anyway, he didn’t explain it, so I went home and stayed up late that night reconstructing the routine. I consider it one of the strongest tricks I do, especially when I’m asked to do a trick. They want to grab the cards for this one more than any other trick I do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Strongest Card trick? (63 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL