The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Disused Institution on Breaking Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
188 Posts

Profile of aheads
Hi guys,

I caught snippets of the Breaking Magic (also called The Magic of Science) episode called Disused Institution and they showed something that I want to know more about. Unfortunately, the kids were running around at just the wrong moment and I missed the vital info.

I believe they were able to produce EVP by playing a voice at a certain inaudible frequency through hidden speakers. The voice could however be recorded and played back using an iphone. Has anyone seen this? I've been searching for it and can't find anything. I may have misunderstood or misheard the explanation and really want to know what the effect was. The show revealed all but if you don't want to reveal here then please PM me.

Thanks.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Have a look at Lebanon Circles site, you want to look for spirit tx, that should be suitable for your needs.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I've been looking for an audio app that could play a voice recording at the inaudible range of 18- 20 Khz, for just these reasons. Ask people to start recording with their phones during an evp session (while you discretely play the track). No one would hear anything, but when the recording is played back... the terror.... I too would love some advice from a knowledgable individual!
aheads
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
188 Posts

Profile of aheads
Thanks George, I checked that out. It looks interesting and I might just go for that.

Lucien - EXACTLY! Imagine a group of 15 people, all recording with their own phones and all capturing a voice. That's a bingo! I was hoping to do it myself as I have a friend who is a music producer. He claims however, that you can't change the frequency of a human voice. If you got rid of all frequencies between 20 and 20,000 kHz (the human hearing range) then the voice would disappear too as it is in this range. The speakers required to play back infrasound would be mega expensive and he seriously doubts that an iphone would be able to record frequencies in that range.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Paging, Dr Spektor!
Paging, Dr Spektor!

Dr Spektor was working with Ceseral on some device(can't remember the name!) that may work with the phones!

Imagine a group with phones, and only a few or one chosen can get the EVP , and others could not !

Could not find the thread... Maybe, Bruce will chime in !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I checked out Ceasaral's page, and here is something: http://cesaral.com/shop/en/see-all/57-ce......nds.html

Not copying his effect, but still looking for a homemade way to exploit the fact that an iphone recorder can pick up sounds in the human inaudible range. Someone told me about an app that schoolkids use to communicate, using the fact that they can hear in a range higher than adults, has anyone here heard of it?
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
If you are really interested on this effect email me to cesaral@cesaral.com for details. I know two different methods that get a similar result. In fact I use one of them (the most practical one in my opinion) in my Cesaral Spirit Sounds:

http://cesaral.com/shop/en/see-all/57-ce......nds.html

I hope this helps

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com

Note: My brand name is not "Ceseral" and it is not "Ceasaral"....It is "Cesaral"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On May 15, 2014, CesaralM wrote:

Note: My brand name is not "Ceseral" and it is not "Ceasaral"....It is "Cesaral"

CesaralM, sorry about the incorrect spelling on your brand name... but, you are welcome for the product plug ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
Lucien, dunno about an app, but there is the Mosquito or Mosquito Alarm, a device that supposedly chases away teenagers (like those hanging around in the mall) with a high pitch sound that adults can not hear (anymore). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
César,

Can Spirit Sounds be done with any smartphone? Any cell phone? Any operating system?
John
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Quote:
On May 16, 2014, jstreiff wrote:
César,

Can Spirit Sounds be done with any smartphone? Any cell phone? Any operating system?

Yes: any smartphone, any cell phone, any operationg system....

Thanks for the question

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Disused Institution on Breaking Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL