The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best start? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

animus41
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of animus41
Hi everyone !
The last few years, I enjoy working with tricks and even more, to create ones.
By saying that, I mean either putting together various ideas and techniques I have seen in the past,
or reconstructing something already existing , to make it even more interesting.
All this is based on my belief that almost 95% of the tricks and techniques existed before, in one form or the other.
This is my opinion of course and I may be wrong....
Nevertheless, having created some tricks that are close- ups mostly,can you advise me how can I communicate them or even start selling them?
I would really be very interested on your info or advices !!!
Thanks and have fun !!
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Animus41,
The main thing is get out there and perform your new stuff. Create a buzz around something new that you do. People will take notice. If you see a real response to your efforts, then seek ways to market your products and ideas. Anyway, you have set yourself a worthwhile goal and I wish you great success.
Shazam
Keith
SHAZAM!
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Go to a magic club, show your tricks to the wisest people there, and ask them if that's material for publication or not.

P!
challengedmichael
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of challengedmichael
I agree with Ado a club or even a magic shop should be able to give you some insight. My father use to tell me that there are no new jokes, just old ones occurring to new people, I think this can be said about a lot of magic effects also.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Http://s3.lybrary.com/free_ebooks/self_publishing.pdf

This is a good resource, but you should research before you put anything out. Don't want a lawsuit on your hands.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Andy,

Great advice, and thank you for the link.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Best start? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL