The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leonardo_t
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of leonardo_t
Hello! I am a young magician who has just joined these great forums. I have used these forums before for help with my magic and decided to finally join. I have been doing magic for about two years but have been fascinated with it for even longer. I recently joined my local IBM ring and it has been great. I mostly do card magic (and some coin magic in addition) but I am always willing to try other genres.
I am glad to be part of these forums and hope to learn a lot!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome leonardo_t,

I'm always glad to welcome young Magicians and particularly glad to hear you've joined IBM as well.

A combination of Café resources and live contact can really accelerate progress.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well! Youse wil hafta watch yer language if yer gonna be a part of ar groop! --(useing wurds like FORUMS & GENRES ect.!) I'll hav you knowe that we are a very motley groop! So! cooth up!!!

I also note that youse hav joind the "I Bother Magicians" clubbe. They are somewhat nefarious. Prettty soon youse'l be using even wors words like LO & BEHOLD! ect. ((beware!!!]

The sneaky, underhanded,devious & surreptitious itinerant mountebanc
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
PS See what happens wen you sociate with people like uss! Now, Mary is saying words like 'accelerate' & 'resources'
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Dick,

Don't be an intelligent gluteus maximus.

-Mary
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Welcome to the Café' leonardo_t. You'll enjoy leaning more about magic. With a little humor thrown in.
Regards,
Silverthorne
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Welcome to the Café, leonardo_t. And glad to hear you joined the IBM also.
Enjoy the MAgic.
Keith Shazam
SHAZAM!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Mary! I was so impressed with Leonardo_t's erudition, that I had to tease a little. It is so refreshing to meet a young person who can express himself so well, with real sentences and a vocabulary, that I had to kid him a bit. He didn't split any infinitives,nor did he dangle any participles, PLUS, he didn't use any prepositions to end a sentence with!!!

There IS hope for the world!
leonardo_t
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of leonardo_t
Thank you Dick. It is one of my (many) pet peeves when people make careless grammer errors. (Hopefully I did not make any!) And yes grammar was misspelled intentionally as a joke.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Like, uhh, OK...

You're more than welcome! --and, thanks for not being offended by my teasing!

Actually, I tossed "one" in, also! See my next to last sentence. I ended the sentence WITH a preposition! It's an old joke that the late Charlie Miller and I "indulged" in! (oops, there's another one (!)

When Charlie was about to do the Misers Dream trick, he would announce: "I'm about to take a collection UP! Some of you may have noticed that I used a preposition to end that sentence WITH. That is because speaking good English is something that I am very fond OF"!

At my age (82)I do occasionally err in punctuation.

I only know one card trick. It's done with 21 cards dealt in three columns and....I forgot the rest. I was fortunate to know Alex Elmsley, Charlie Miller, Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Jack Pyle, et al. I still know Jon Racherbaumer. (OOOH!) hee hee

Coins, well, I "usta" do the Five Coin Star (with both hands simultaneously). I did the coin roll with four coins simultaneously, and also a "near perfect" (well, I thought so!) DOWNS palm. BOBO and I were good friends for about fifty years. --So, there!

That's enough about me. Feel free to PM me. I'm retired from full time on the road performing. My book is nearly finished, and I expect to have a bit of free time, in the not too distant future.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL