The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » AUGUST ROTERBERG (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

burbank1000
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of burbank1000
Hello - my name is Bob and I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in finding where the magicians from the 1800s - 1950s / '60s lived at and was wondering if anyone out there could help me out with August Roterberg's Pasadena, Ca. address
and grave site location? Thank you.
Bob
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The August Roterberg I know of was from Chicago early 1900's.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
burbank1000
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of burbank1000
Hello Hugmagic
I read somewhere on this forum that when he retired he and his wife moved to Pasadena from Chicago, where he remained until his death. But I've been unable to find any listings for him. I'll keep trying.
Take care
Bob
burbank1000
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of burbank1000
I recently wrote to the Pasadena Library with this same question and received a reply the other day. According to his obituary in the Pasadena Star Newspaper, Roterberg died at his home - 789 MAGNOLIA AVENUE, PASADENA, CA. He had lived there for a year, having moved from Chicago.
Bob
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Interesting. This must have been the late 1920's or early 1930's. After Halton and Jansen split from him and then he sold to Paine.

What year was the obituary?

I appreciate the update.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
burbank1000
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of burbank1000
The obituary listed in the Pasadena Star newspaper on September 24, 1928, page 92, col.6 -
AUGUST ROTERBERG
August Roterberg passed away last evening at his home, 789 Magnolia Avenue. He was a native of Hamburg, Germany, and had been a resident here for the last year, coming from Chicago, Ill. He is survived by his widow, Anna Roterberg; a son, Fred R. Roterberg, and daughter, Mrs. Harriet Parker.
Funeral services will be held at the Chapel of Ives and Warren Company, (funeral home), at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon and burial will be private.

Now, if I can just find out where he's buried.
Bob
Bill Mullins
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Mullins
The 1928 Pasadena City Directory has:

ROTERBERG A (Anna), Latin American Postage Stamps for Collectors, Bought and Sold, h789 Magnolia av, Phone Colorado 6303
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » AUGUST ROTERBERG (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL