The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Peforming in front of over magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
195 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
When I perform in front of other magicians at my magic meeting, I get nervous then I mess up. Can some one give me some advise?
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Don't do it! Seriously, why put yourself through the torment? Perform for those you feel comfortable performing for.
Ben Seatreader
View Profile
Regular user
The College of Winterhold
103 Posts

Profile of Ben Seatreader
My advise would be to make use of their knowledge as magicians. For example, we all know what a tt looks like, make a show of attempting to 'hide' it from view whilst in the act of vanishing a coin. They will assume you intend to use the tt. Don't. Their attention should be so fixated on the tt that your alternate vanish will go unnoticed. When they smugly accuse you of hiding the coin in the tt, merely smile and show it to be empty.
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
I'm of mixed minds about performing for other magicians, and which path I take depends upon my mood, the season, and what I had for lunch.

The first thing I do is my regular stuff because most magicians I know (myself included) don't care if they know how something is done as long as the presentation is entertaining. But when the mood strikes me, I do have a handful of things I do just for magicians, and it's not entirely unlike what Ben suggests. I do things that will fool magicians but most lay people would consider absolute garbage, because magicians have a peculiar way of thinking.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I pretend they are laymen and just do my thing.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Peforming in front of over magicians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL