The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Invisible Deck repair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
Hi fellow Tenyo lovers,

I've got Tenyo version of Invisible Deck brand new, practiced once and stored in box - this was around two weeks ago.

Today I took the deck out for the second time, and found several cards lost their "rough" touch against each other, is this normal for Tenyo product?

Am I suppose to rub them back to back to restore their stickyness or special product is necessary to repair this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
The product you need to buy is called roughing fluid. Spray it lightly (!) on the cards and they will 'stick' again Smile
Also check this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203 - a number of cheaper alternatives for roughing fluid is discussed over there.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Testor's Dull Kote spray is what you want.
maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
Thanks for all the helpful feedback, Krylon works great so far~
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Krylon 1311 Matte finish
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
Thanks guys~also figured pushing slightly harder when spreading works better too.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
If the deck is treated properly cards should "cling" when spread with only slight pressure and seperate with a very light touch. I have not worked with a Tenyo invisible deck but with other suppliers you typically need to break it in a bit as initially the "cling" is a little too aggessive... at least for me.

Cheers,

John
maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
Thanks John for the tip, I have been practicing this much lately using you guys' advices and it all went rather smooth~

Cheers
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Does anyone know or has anyone read anything about the roughing stick by Harry Robson. Just got an email from Vanishing inc. ,looks good to me.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have used the roughing stick that Steven's magic sells put out by Finn Jon. In my mind does not replace the traditional spray. I found the wax in the stick was visiible and did not handle the same way. Good for touch ups or to have in your emergency kit.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Thank you. According to The trailer this doesn't leave any residue . I'm just looking for a way to make my own I.D. Brainwave etc. Only because I have such a difficult time separating. I do have some from Nemesis magic which work great but I'd like to modify my own.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Here is a thread on it... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Most seem to like it a couple mentioned a residue. Sounds like it is very similar to the Finn Jon stick.
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
J M thank you for the link. I didn't find it when I came across this post. I'm going to check it on his website. I like the fact that you can just rub across the intended area.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
No worries, if you order one let us know what you think.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I use the roughing sticks sold by Harry Robson and they work perfectly. They are not as messyvas a spray and they last forever.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks George, is it essentially invisible on the cards?
maousus
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of maousus
I used Krylon 1311 Matte finish and hardly noticeble on the card, plus when performing this trick in particular the backs are hardly noticed - you know what it means.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Invisible Deck repair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL