The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup Advice wanted....Makes and Model differences (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
The best Chop Cup I have is the one I still use to this day... an Ickle Pickle aluminum chop cup. Now, I have RNT2 Don Alan and it is a beauty, but heavy as all get out, stainless steel outside, copper inside! Is it sturdy? yep! And in the right hands I suppose it could be a real worker... That Ickle Pickle cup is light and easy to handle. It is hard enough to withstand the Don Alan type abuse if you perform that way and can produce a softball as the final load. Its a bad to bone cup! And it isn't all that expensive either.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Mister Bill, that Chop Cup you are describing is the Anniversary edition of the Don Alan Chop Cup and not made anymore. It's a collector's item. I like a Don Alan aluminum cup: lightweight and less expensive to replace if lost or damaged. Aluminum is so underrated.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2014, Donnie Buckley wrote:
Mister Bill, that Chop Cup you are describing is the Anniversary edition of the Don Alan Chop Cup and not made anymore. It's a collector's item. I like a Don Alan aluminum cup: lightweight and less expensive to replace if lost or damaged. Aluminum is so underrated.

About that RNT2 cup: you are correct. I like it but I don't perform with it. It is a really nice piece, though, very well made and precision.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I have a COA that says the Don Alan Anniversary cup I own is number 1 in the run.
I am strangely proud of that.

It is a superb cup and a real "worker".
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chop Cup Advice wanted....Makes and Model differences (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL