The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Juan Tamariz ROYALISTIC (Strong cardmagic) (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check out video trailer, wow, looks great!

http://www.mymagic.com/pre-pub.htm

Text from ad:

"One of the best card routines you will ever do!

You freely display a mediocre Poker hand with blue (or red) backs. You square the cards, make a magical gesture (if you like) and immediately show that the five cards changed into the best possible Poker hand--A Royal Flush. For an unbelievable ending you now turn the cards face down to show that each card has a different back.
Comes complete with all necessary cards and color, photo-illustrated instructions. Easy to learn."
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Yes, looks great!
Probably too much to ask, but does it teach a way to satisfy the spectator that wants to examine the cards?
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, ehands wrote:
Yes, looks great!
Probably too much to ask, but does it teach a way to satisfy the spectator that wants to examine the cards?

That's up to you. it's called audience management and professionalism. Move onto the next effect.
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Audience management might prevent them from getting hold of the cards but it wont stop them from wanting to.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The cards do not leave your hands. It's a non issue.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, John C wrote:
Quote:
Yes, looks great!

That's up to you. it's called audience management and professionalism. Move onto the next effect.

Such antiquated, corny, and ill-conceived logic. This is why magicians have a reputation as being completely oblivious to their audience. Instead of letting them bask in the astonishment and giving them no where to go, you rush them along to the next trick. That's not "professionalism" that's the way a 12 year old would handle things. That's just avoiding the issue entirely. What do you think the audience thinks at that moment? "Well, the way he immediately shoved those cards in his pocket and moved on to something else was really professional and magical." It's not. It's robotic and reeks of fear on the part of the performer. And it punishes the engaged spectator and trains them to react like someone who doesn't care about what you're performing for them.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
It's nice to see this released in poker size Bicycle cards.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
I just put my order in ... it blew me away -- let's see how it plays out... I love Juan Tamariz -- and for $20 how can you go wrong!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, looks great!

Such antiquated, corny, and ill-conceived logic. This is why magicians have a reputation as being completely oblivious to their audience. Instead of letting them bask in the astonishment and giving them no where to go, you rush them along to the next trick. That's not "professionalism" that's the way a 12 year old would handle things. That's just avoiding the issue entirely. What do you think the audience thinks at that moment? "Well, the way he immediately shoved those cards in his pocket and moved on to something else was really professional and magical." It's not. It's robotic and reeks of fear on the part of the performer. And it punishes the engaged spectator and trains them to react like someone who doesn't care about what you're performing for them.

O
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2014, Magicsquared wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, looks great!

Great answer Magicsquared, could not agree more!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Or have the same, ungimmicked cards, in your pocket to switch out.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
If you have it, let us know if you like the effect.
ClungeMagnet
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ClungeMagnet
Looks utterly brilliant. Ordered.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Mine arrived today... I like it for what it is. Theres a lot of packet poker tricks out there, so this isn't anything that hasnt been done before, and the method is what you probably expected. But that doesn't make it a bad trick by any means- if you enjoy the trailer, you will not be disappointed.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Juan Tamariz ROYALISTIC (Strong cardmagic) (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL