The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Eli Wallach (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
One of the greats.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Indeed.

RIP.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sad to hear, an admirable actor and man.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I always felt EW was the very best character-actor of them all, RIP...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
<bathtub scene, Good, Bad,Ugly> "Ya gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

I loved the guy. RIP.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I just picked up the 'Dollars trilogy' at Costco last week. A good reason now to go and re-watch them.

I hadn't realized that Eli Wallach was only in the last one until looking at his wiki article. Here's another interesting tidbit:

"Wallach and Leone had built a good relationship during shooting The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but had a falling-out later on. Leone had asked Wallach to play a role in his upcoming film, A Fistful of Dynamite, but the actor explained he had a scheduling conflict. After much pleading, Wallach finally relented and turned down the other offer and waited for Leone to raise enough Hollywood money for the picture. However, the studio Leone went to had an actor, Rod Steiger, with one more picture in his studio contract and the studio announced that Leone would have to use him if they were to put up any financing. Leone then called to apologize to Wallach, who remained dumbstruck on the other end of the line. After even refusing to give Wallach a token payment for losing out on two jobs, the actor said, "I'll sue you"—to which Leone replied, "Get in line", and slammed down the phone. In his autobiography, Wallach relates the incident as regrettably being the final time the two spoke to each other."
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
NYTimes Online has a delightful interview with him by his grand-nephew.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
The third of three different actors to play Mr Freeze on the 60s Batman show. The first was George Sanders, who later killed himself; the second was Otto Preminger, who was such an unpleasant prima donna on set that the cast and crew would have never had him back again.

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Always liked him in the Magnificent Seven. He said if he known how energetic the music was going to be, he'd have rode his horse with more gusto.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Eli Wallach (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL