The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Art Vanderlay excerpt (60 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
Art is a young Doc Shiels, no two ways about it. He's tinkering with the elements for doG's sake! Great to see the doubters put in their place by Cassidy. Beautiful.
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Reading between the lines - or should it be clouds? - I have thought of one way this could be done but however Art achieved it, he deserves to be applauded. And he has also kept us nicely entertained.

Neil
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
A young Doc Doc Sheils? Now that's a compliment!! Speaking of which, I will be visiting Austria next week trying to capture the lake monster I took a photo of last year on video Smile

Thank you Neil, regardless of whether people believed me or not this has been an entertaining thread and something different. Maybe I should post a video of myself causing a river to flow backwards Smile

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Doesn't matter, the river is probably a stooge anyway.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Art, I'll be going to Austria shortly after you - if I see any messages in the sky I will know you have been at work again Smile
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, Harris0n wrote:
Art is a young Doc Shiels, no two ways about it. He's tinkering with the elements for doG's sake! Great to see the doubters put in their place by Cassidy. Beautiful.

I don't see anywhere where doubters have been 'put in their place' mate...

There's several ways in which to achieve this and I suggested one in my previous post. Bobs Been given a method and he accepts Arts explanation. I on the other hand, don't and believe he did this to generate attention and create controversy and attention. I've certainly helped him get this Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Or maybe the aliens did it and I'm being controlled by them!!

;)

Kind regards
Art
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2014, looch wrote:
I don't see anywhere where doubters have been 'put in their place' mate...
There's several ways in which to achieve this and I suggested one in my previous post. Bobs Been given a method and he accepts Arts explanation. I on the other hand, don't and believe he did this to generate attention and create controversy and attention. I've certainly helped him get this Smile

What!!! A mentalist creating controversy and attention! How dare they!!!

They should stick to selling their secrets to the general public instead of teasing us with effects they have no intention of releasing.
edwardsausagefingers
View Profile
Regular user
I thunk, therefore I erm...
177 Posts

Profile of edwardsausagefingers
Martin, If you're lucky I might release my method for writing a thought-of name in the snow.

FWIW Art, I really enjoyed the video. Well done! Have no desire to purchase the effect or goad you into spilling the beans.
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
419 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Just as a fun aside: Bob mentions Dunninger's method for causing a battleship to disappear. He did demonstrate it on a small scale for the Navy. Bob is also correct in that it wasn't for sale. Why? He GAVE the method to Naval development (can't recall the exact org). This lead to the rumor that Dunninger was connected with the Philadelphia Experiment.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
This might please a few of you... Obviously there will be some who scream blue murder and claim this was my intention all along but hey ho!

I have been working for 7 months now as a self employed psychic entertainer. Whilst it has been very fun and worthwhile it has not brought in the amount of funds I need to support myself and my daughter. I have therefore reluctantly decided to take on a "real" job doing part time hours to fill in the gaps in performances.

This means that I can no longer perform some of my more elaborate effects as much as I would like to and have decided to start releasing some of my more "special" effects I hold close to my heart. Cicatriz ESP being one of them.

A lot, and I mean a LOT, of people have been begging me for the secret to this effect and I am considering releasing it as a limited release.

It will not be a fancy looking book but merely a short ebook explaining the bare bones method on how I achieved the result for Ben and how it can be done for others. No scripting or fluffy language, just the essentials to make this work.

I have not made up my mind yet as I do still perform this, it just wont be as often as I like anymore.

Just putting the feelers out there to see who might be interested on here.

Kind regards
Art
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
If finances to support your family are the motivation, then take a page from the Brookings Book - putting effort into the production of your manuscript (writing, editing, design and printing), means you can rightfully charge more for it, and it will be a treasured item. Release it as "barebones" ebook and it will be pi**ed upon by the cashed-up masses. If this effect is what you claim it to be, then treat it with the respect it deserves. And equally, treat the community of buyers with respect. It is okay to desire money, particularly in order to support a family, but it comes across as tacky to say "I'm going to just chuck an ebook together to make some easy cash because I don't want to work a dead-end part time job".
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2014, C.J. wrote:
If finances to support your family are the motivation, then take a page from the Brookings Book - putting effort into the production of your manuscript (writing, editing, design and printing), means you can rightfully charge more for it, and it will be a treasured item. Release it as "barebones" ebook and it will be pi**ed upon by the cashed-up masses. If this effect is what you claim it to be, then treat it with the respect it deserves. And equally, treat the community of buyers with respect. It is okay to desire money, particularly in order to support a family, but it comes across as tacky to say "I'm going to just chuck an ebook together to make some easy cash because I don't want to work a dead-end part time job".

Tacky? I don't think finding a way to help support your family is tacky in any form.

I have been impressed with a lot of Art's thinking over the last couple of years and would certainly be interested in an ebook of the above effect. I would be even more interested in an ebook or real book compilation of the Best of Art Vanderlay!

Either way, I wish him luck with it.
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
Ust putting the feelers out there to see who might be interested on here.

Kind regards
Art

You will have many interested people, I know I am one!!
8 days a week !
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If this is foolproof, and works as well as it did on the vid - then surely this would be used to get some great bookings out of it? I mean, if you did weddings (i know that's not in keeping with an elementalist) - then this would be pretty much the ultimate thing for anyone to do...imagine having the entire group look up into the sky and see "love" or "eternity" appear in the clouds...

hope things work out for you - and you have lots of happy customers...
I've asked to be banned
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I heart Art...(in a brotherly fashion)
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
NIce work Art... Bob.. there was one person who criticised Dunninger for the battleship.. His future wife Smile Years ago I met her and asked some questions. ONe was about who they met. Well they met in an antique shop. She had bought some glasses but did not know how she would get them home. Dunninger overheard and offered his services (a car), she mentioned she had not had lunch yet and he offered to take her out. After a week or two of dating she suspected he was a con man, to her "DUnninger could have been Smunninger", she was not aware of his status as the second best well known voice on radio. He told her about his "invisible battleship." She suspected it was all a put on. "Dunninger was always dressed nice, had a car and looked like he had money, I suspected he was a con man, he was going to take me down to the docks, point out into the water, say that his invisible battleship was there, I would see nothing and he would ask me to invest. I figured I would let his father known he was a con man when I met him." She also told me when they met the first thing he did was tell her the name of her dog, Blue. When asked how she thought he did it, she said maybe he read her lips.

Anyway, Art.. nice work. Always great when people think you are using stooges to accomplish things, people think on Criss Angel's show MindFreak we used stooges to accomplish things. At first it bugged the hell out of me, later I saw it as a compliment that they did no know how things were done. Sad our own craft always assumes that and then tells the lay people that is how magic on TV was accomplished, but that is another story. Again, great work.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
By the way, Orson Wells also did a version of this trick.. he talks about it in this interview... http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2013/04/......ini.html
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Art Vanderlay excerpt (60 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL