The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Miser´s Dream Rare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Promagia
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Promagia
This apparatus is for the Miser´s Dream, no doubt. This has a place in the bottom to put some coins, also it has a hole that opens and close, so the coins can fall in your hands. Can you please help me to identify who made it? Thanks

Click here to view attached image.
Promagia
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Promagia
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I don't know who made it, but it's a great looking prop. I bet the sound is wonderful!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Promagia
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Promagia
I have been looking for one like this on the internet without luck. Yes Wizard of Oz, the sound when the coins fall inside is great!!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
This appears to be a very old U.F. Grant piece, although I'm not 100% certain...

(He made several items from the hammered planters he found in a supply store near his shop.)

Julie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree with Julie. Grant could find more 'things' in a dime store that he could remodel or adapt to use in a trick than many magicians realized.

Sorry, but I think this was one of Gen's 'bloopers". It looks like a "trick something".

I have performed the Misers Dream since 1946. The Misers Dream is a COIN TRICK. The MD is not a "container" trick. The pail used to toss the coins in, is important mainly for the sound produced when coins are tossed in. It creates the AUDITORY ILLUSION. Depending on the type of act, it could be a champagne bucket, a child's sand pail, or an empty coffee can. The important thing is that the pail should not be emphasized. The MD IS A COIN TRICK!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Miser´s Dream Rare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL