The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chairs by Steve Seguin / Bill Abbott (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
As I stated above this may be best suited for certain types of performer. This is the difference between being an entertainer vs. a magician. Magician's typically look for magic, entertainers look for things that are entertaining - fun, interactive, humorous, etc. It would be a great addition to an entertainer's show.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
As I stated above this may be best suited for certain types of performer. This is the difference between being an entertainer vs. a magician. Magician's typically look for magic, entertainers look for things that are entertaining - fun, interactive, humorous, etc. It would be a great addition to an entertainer's show.

Very true Mindpro. I tend to be somewhat high energy when I perform so this would work for me. It's definitely a piece that if you are somewhat reserved or a serious performer you probably would not use.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Giovanni Livera KILLS with this in his show. He uses it as a team building metaphor for his corporate gigs, and gets a very solid, motivational, and entertaining 10-15 minutes out of it. But like anything else, you have to sell it.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
durgy
View Profile
Elite user
Toronto
402 Posts

Profile of durgy
I did try this once and I got solid reactions! As mentioned, it's not a "magic" effect per se, but rather an entertaining piece. Unfortunately 99% of my gigs are walk around- I wish I was able to use this more regularly- but that's really my problem.

If you're a performer looking to add an entertaining piece to your show, I'd highly recommend this. In fact, I'd be willing to bet even if you already do this, there are tips on here to make your act even better. There are plenty of great moments for great photo ops as well as Steve mentions.
https://www.durgyspade.com
facebook.com/durgyspade
twitter.com/durgyspade
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, the book and DVD are great quality and quite thorough. This is the definitive work on this.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Got it and um......
Please don't get it.

That's a joke, I love it and hope I have a venue to use it.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
I'm grateful to Nick Lewin for putting his impressions and thoughts into words about Chairs. Very humbling coming from such a seasoned professional and excellent entertainer.

http://remarkablemagic.com/2014/08/07/ch......t-magic/
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
This is a real fun gem. Not terribly magical but a lot of fun! I changed it to a super hero theme and started using it at kid's birthday parties with the dads. The first time I got an $80 tip - which was unexpected. Now it will be going into my adult shows too, and I imagine it will slay with college age and teens as well.

The only draw backs I see is you really need 4 adult men in ok shape, a bit of space, and it isn't real magical - but it gets an incredible reaction from the audience, and they will talk about it for a while.

The DVD production and explanation are what you can expect from Bill, extremely well explained with excellent production values.

If you don't mind having some non-magical theater in your show, you won't go wrong with Chairs.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
My friend in Tenerife as performed this for the last 10yrs on stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chairs by Steve Seguin / Bill Abbott (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL