The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Physics of the Human Pretzel Trick (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
So... next time I'm at a party and I convince a group of inebriated friends to try this - is there any real danger I should know of? Besides being perfectly bizarre, it seems reasonably safe and self supporting. And much better than creating a Human Centipede Smile

By the way: Todd Robbins is god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqucoz7DCfM
TimsWheel
View Profile
New user
England
3 Posts

Profile of TimsWheel
I've seen this done a few times. The Boy with Tape on his Face did this without even being able to explain verbally what was going on. The operative factors are as follows;

1. Don't get anyone involved who isn't relatively fit and healthy. Ideally everyone will be of a vaguely similar height/build and nobody super over/underweight.

2. The most dangerous bit is at the very end when everyone relieves the tension. They should do their 'sit up' motion at the same sort of time, so that nobody is taken by surprise, and dumped when they aren't expecting it.

3. The distance apart of the chairs and how people sit on them initially is kind of important. Ideally you want to engineer it so that the centre of each participant's back is fairly central on the lap of the person they are leaning onto. You don't want anyone slipping off the side of anyone else's knees as that's the easiest way for this to prematurely collapse.
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
Thanks TimsWheel! You also just gave me a wonderful gift by introducing me to The Boy With Tape on His Face, he is awesome!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I have searched extensively here and can't find it, but about a week ago there was a thread about someone who was working on a book or DVD on the real behind the scenes work on this. If anyone know who or where this is, I would be appreciative. It sounded like the definitive work on this.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Bill Abbott is working on a DVD of this routine.

And I not god. I am just a god. That's all.

Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Physics of the Human Pretzel Trick (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL