The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Favourite Seance scenes (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got to say there is a dam good seance scene in the new 2015 adaption of The Enfield Haunting.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Honorable mention: Magic by the Moonlight.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
My favorite Medium(XL), of all times !
Be 'FOREWARNED', not for the weak of heart !
Enter, if You 'DARE' ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovt2VW7AqYo

Pleasent Dreams 'Mwhahahaha'

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
My favorite Medium(XL), of all times !
Be 'FOREWARNED', not for the weak of heart !
Enter, if You 'DARE' ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovt2VW7AqYo

Pleasent Dreams 'Mwhahahaha'

~G

Hahah well done G
The Brother Fox
View Profile
New user
NYC
30 Posts

Profile of The Brother Fox
The Penny Dreadful seance is a lot of fun...

but I have to second The Curator, on the first scene from The Awakening- a beautiful film, now on Netflix, that has some great moments throughout (including bits with a haunted dollhouse). But the Seance in the opening scene, while brief, is great fun.
"I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him..."
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2014, Perkins wrote:
Another vote for The Changeling.

The expectant microphones and the spinning tape reels in the background, the mounting tension of the flipping pages, the 'interpreter' calling out the writing, the hand held shots, even that fact that her pencil breaks at one point and has to be replaced with another... masterful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd-9YuDgm2g

This is my favorite also! Love the spirit trumpet part.
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, Seance wrote:
I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned "Seance on a Wet Afternoon". It's a very atmospheric film that manages to keep your attention throughout. The seance at the end is a very revealing scene.

I watched this today based on your post. Wonderful. Thank-you. Richard Attenborough really is a wonderful actor.
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, galerius wrote:
Seances from Night of the Demon ( It's in the trees ! It's coming...the Demon !!, that moment is unbeatable ) and The Changeling are so far my favorites. Bronze medal goes to The Others.

I had been meaning to see Night of the Demon. I had no idea it had a seance scene. I put it on this morning and enjoyed it very much. Thank-you for the recommendation.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, bartleby wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, galerius wrote:
Seances from Night of the Demon ( It's in the trees ! It's coming...the Demon !!, that moment is unbeatable ) and The Changeling are so far my favorites. Bronze medal goes to The Others.

I had been meaning to see Night of the Demon. I had no idea it had a seance scene. I put it on this morning and enjoyed it very much. Thank-you for the recommendation.

You're welcome Smile
Isn't that long, and counterpointed by continuous ironic remarks by dr. Holden, but that final moment when the medium shouts in terror, ha...it's genuinely spine chilling, at least to me.
buffpojken
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of buffpojken
I'd vote for either Drag Me To Hell or Long Time Dead - both are really good and esthetically pleasing.
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
425 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Thank you guys for this great topic and recommendation
I watched the amazing séance scene of Penny Dreadful .... so good I ordered the first saison and I am looking toward to watch it over Christmas Smile
Merci
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Inside Number 9 Season 2, the Séance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Favourite Seance scenes (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL