The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Amazing Randi on I've Got A Secret (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I hardly recognized The Amazing Randi in this clip from the old TV show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_LOvZoTLk
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Thanks for sharing. Recently I read the book Guillotine: Its Legend and Lore: by Daniel Gerould ...
On page 275, James Randi is mentioned as designing the guillotine and leading Alive to his execution on stage 1973

He’s a remarkable man. He looked very different in 1965 but that voice! unforgettable.
NotSoWise
View Profile
New user
victoria,bc
73 Posts

Profile of NotSoWise
Wow - that was a great clip! Thanks for posting it.

It was shocking seeing Randi that young! Great concept for a show - but would have loved to see and hear at bit more from Randi. It almost felt like he was the star of a show he wasn't in.

Anyone else have clips like that?
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
MagicMike:

You think you hardly recognized Randi in the "I've Got A Secret" TV clip?....that's nothing compared to his starring role as "The Magic Clown" TV show (circa early 1970s)------see Randi in FULL CLOWN FACE MAKE-UP (With NO Beard)!

But like you said, once he speaks....that Canadian accent says right away - WHO it is.

The footage is available.

Randi also toured with rocker, Alice Cooper--and was tech-advisor on his guillotine stunt too, among the other magic effects.

A young skinny Randi...resembles a young Max Maven (i.e. the "widow's peak" hair)
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
A friend of mine visited Randi backstage when The Alice Cooper Show was in Cincinnati.
He asked Randi about handcuff escapes. Randi had the security guard cuff him, and he picked the cuffs with a piece of wire.
My friend gave me the wire, along with a card with Randi's autograph.
Both are still in my collection.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2014, NotSoWise wrote:
Wow - that was a great clip! Thanks for posting it.

It was shocking seeing Randi that young!

I know what you mean I have only ever seen the "new and improved" Randi (the old one) and kinda thought he was born that way.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Dave, I know what you mean about only knowing someone in a certain point in time. I remember seeing James Randi during the Uri Geller phase in the media. Randi came to Australia and appeared on the Don Lanes show (with Bert Newton)

Don Lane had big ratings when Uri Geller, Doris Stokes, water diviners and the like were on.
So when Randi showed they are all fakes , Don Lanes told him where is go on national TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQp3rI6B9Z4 (don lane show)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoYrSd94kA
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
The other thing is I always get mixed up between TA Randi and ...

who cah finish that sentence?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Amazing Randi on I've Got A Secret (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL