The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sponge ball wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
313 Posts

Profile of jiayi
I am looking for a sponge ball wand, but it seems like it is out of stock on wolfsmagic, I emailed them but no one got back to me. Does anybody know where I can get the wand? Thanks!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you need a special "trick" wand to make a sponge ball appear, you haven't been studying sponge ball magic enough to realize you don't need a special wand. If you can pull a sponge ball from a ball-point pen and claim you pulled the ball out of the pen (a common move described in most sponge ball magic books), you will realize that you can do the same thing with any wooden dowel, pencil, or soda straw.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Tommy James sells his awesome Christmas magic wand, with a "snowball" on the end. It would be simple to change this to a sponge ball, if you wanted. There's also a fab routine, without any sponge ball magic - perfect for you, I think!

(I'm sure if you ask Tommy nicely, he'd change up the colours to suit your preferences, you should definitely enquire.....)
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The sponge ball wand helps you achieve some things along the lines of a coin wand. You can pretend to reach under the child's chin, or armpit, or into their shoe, and make the ball / coin visually appear on the other end of the wand (without putting your hand near that end of the wand). Ok, the most common uses of a coin wand are making the coin appear from midair, a person's mouth, or rear end, but I shared other ideas.

Slight of hand doesn't really achieve the same results.

With the Comedy Christmas Magic Wand, the snowball falls off of the end of the wand (again and again). I see that as a different trick from a coin wand or sponge ball wand.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Just get one of those super-cheap kiddie wands which make a little flower come out the end....snip the flower & replace it with a sponge ball.
Easy-peasy-mac&cheesey.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
DIY magic at its finest!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sponge ball wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL